Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went fishing this Saturday and had a nice chat with Jack while he was peeling potatoes for dinner...

Jack asked me to post on this board that his resort's normal launch time is 6 AM.

As Jack said himself, the only time he'll open earlier for launch is for tournaments, especially WindyCityFishing tournaments.

He's glad to help out WindyCityFishing getting on the water before 6 AM.

But some guy reading this board showed up for fishing at 4:30 AM and expected service just for himself.

Early launches for WindyCityFishing before 6 AM yes, individuals no.

Jack says hello to everyone and says thanks.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
SkunkedAgain,

No, I didn't mention my watch to Jack. He still wants to know why my nickname is Kayak Rich (he's never seen the kayak).

By the way, I caught my one and only bass Saturday morning during the peak fishing time (four fish rating) on my watch. It was 11:45 AM.

My friend Roger caught his about an hour later, peak time also.

Bluegill didn't seem to care if it was a peak time for fishing, they just bit anyway.

It would seem bass have the same watch as I do. But the bluegill don't seem to have the same watch. They bite all the time.

·
Super Moderator
6,255 Posts
Last month Yami and I called in advance and worked something out w/ Jack for a one time trip. I know for a fact however that he does not want anyone banging on the door at 430A requesting a boat :p

·
Registered
953 Posts
Yeah, good to know. I sometimes think about going up earlier, but I guess I shouldn't unless I just want to sit there and wait.

·
Registered
654 Posts
kayakrich said:
SkunkedAgain,

No, I didn't mention my watch to Jack. He still wants to know why my nickname is Kayak Rich (he's never seen the kayak).

By the way, I caught my one and only bass Saturday morning during the peak fishing time (four fish rating) on my watch. It was 11:45 AM.

My friend Roger caught his about an hour later, peak time also.

Bluegill didn't seem to care if it was a peak time for fishing, they just bit anyway.

It would seem bass have the same watch as I do. But the bluegill don't seem to have the same watch. They bite all the time.
If you look at the instruction manual I think it says that it only applies to fish that matter, therefore, the bluegills are being defiant and biting all the time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.