7.) Toothdoc , 1 fish , 3.6lb
8.) Madcraw77 , 2 Fish , 2.6lb
9.) Cluprit, 1 Fish , 1.9lb

Skunked
--------------
Russ
Fishkid
Jaypee HHF

Rained like hell all morning but we still made a day of it and caught over 30 bass for the day. Jason will be posting the HAWG pixs

Congratz to Bucket Mouth and Skunkedagain a nice come from behind win. Stole the money out of Tony and my hands in the second half. :lol:

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Holy cow! What a come from behind victory for Skunked Again and Bucket Mouth. Congrats, guys! Regardless of the outcome, Tony and Mike made a great run in the AM.

Jaypee and I fished through the rain and thunder. We actually came back in at 7AM to bail water out of our boat. The Jackall flickshake worm was hot today. Got the following fish on it early in the morning during the monsoon. This weighed in at 2lb 14oz. Used my recently acquired Phenix Ultra MBX with a Shimano Chronarch 50mg. Man, this is a very, very light set up.

·
Administrator
5,361 Posts
What a day. Started out pouring rain but that wasn't going to stop Tony and Mike. And sure enough, on the first cast, Mike hooks into a lunker. Well that did it, Russ and I got our boat and headed out into the rain. Got in a few casts and then the lightening spidered the sky. So we got the heck out of there. Figured it would be a washout so we packed up our cars and headed out. But as I was pulling out, I figured I had driven this far, it was only 6:30am, i'd stay and BS with Aris and Tim down by the shore - had nothing better to do. :)

After about an hour of some heavy-duty rain, thunder and lightening, storms let up a bit. Again, I was about to leave but didn't. So I got into the boat and headed out. Long story short, there were periods of light rain the rest of the day but plenty of rain-free hours as well. And with the calm winds, getting around was easy.

I caught 9 fish total - 8 largemouth bass (3 keepers) and a crappie. All but one of the fish were caught on a shad master. The other on a Senko.

The rest of the gang did quite well too. There were a couple of huge fish caught!

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
awesome job out there today guys! to bad i didnt get any keepers, but its all good. congrats to the winners and nice comeback guys! awesome outing.

i did catch a cool chain pickeral however :D

however i was looking for the illinios state record and there wasn't one for chain pickeral. I guess if i had submitted and got dnr for my fish i woulda had a state record?

am i just crazy or do i have a point? whatever this is off topic. congrats to another outstanding outing WCF.

·
Registered
654 Posts
I had a great time out there despite the terrible early weather. My rain gear did a great job of keeping my body dry, but unfortuantely I didn't wear boots. Our little rental boat had about 4 inches of rain water in it from the early storms. I'm glad to see there are so many die-hard fishermen out there that braved the conditions. My partner and I had never fished before and he had never even been to Deep Lake. He did a tremendous job and never even thought about giving in to the weather. He's an outstanding fisherman and I would gladly partner up with him for any tourney. Congrats to you Bucketmouth (Tom) for a job well done!

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
fishkid said:
i did catch a cool chain pickeral however :D

however i was looking for the illinios state record and there wasn't one for chain pickeral. I guess if i had submitted and got dnr for my fish i woulda had a state record?

am i just crazy or do i have a point? whatever this is off topic. congrats to another outstanding outing WCF.
Not all species are listed on the state record fish list, plus it takes them awhile to update. A few years ago, Redhorse Suckers weren't on there either, but they are now- if you contact the DNR, they can give you a complete list. Then you can petition them to list a record, if indeed you ever have one. Good luck!

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Awsome bad weather tourny guys !

Great job to bucketmouth4 & SkunkedAgain on a amazing come from behind win!

Thx to everyone who came out and braved the weather :shock:

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Congrats to the winners. It was a fun outing after the first hour of it. Culprit and I just weren't brave enough to stay out on the water during the lightning though.

Creighton, I am certain the fish that you caught was a small northern. Chain pickerel look similar, but they don't have any stripes or lines on the last ventral fin like a northern. Your fish definitely has those lines. The pattern on chain pickerel also is like bigger squares. Take a look at these pics.

http://www.landbigfish.com/fish/fish.cfm?ID=42
Chain pickerel

http://www.landbigfish.com/fish/fish.cfm?ID=16
Northern pike

·
Registered
291 Posts
Thanxs Tony for letting me partner up with ya. I had a great time.
I never thought that I would do that good, just wanted to come
out and meet some of the great guys on the board. I going to
chauk this up to begginers luck on Deep, we'll have to see how I
do next time. I would gladly partner up with you any time. Congrats
on that hawg you pulled in for biggest fish, it was a beauty.
Thanxs to everyone who made me feel welcome.

On a side note, I really need to get some new rain gear. Saw the pictures
and I really do look like the gordan fisherman. :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
654 Posts
bucketmouth4 said:
Thanxs Tony for letting me partner up with ya. I had a great time.
I never thought that I would do that good, just wanted to come
out and meet some of the great guys on the board. I going to
chauk this up to begginers luck on Deep, we'll have to see how I
do next time. I would gladly partner up with you any time. Congrats
on that hawg you pulled in for biggest fish, it was a beauty.
Thanxs to everyone who made me feel welcome.

On a side note, I really need to get some new rain gear. Saw the pictures
and I really do look like the gordan fisherman. :lol: :lol:
The look didn't bother me but I did think it was weird when you wanted to use that huge net to throw in the water like you were ocean fishing in the late 1800's.

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
congrats guys! that is one heckuva bass you got there skunkedagain. i woke up, heard the storms and said heck with it, i needed to stay anyway and help the wife with daughters b-day party. catch at the next one guys.

btw, great job out there again tony! your on fire bud!

·
Registered
392 Posts
haven't had time to post sorry!! this tourney turned out to be a good one despite the rain which in my opinion helped the fishing. :D Basscaster and I were in a boat together and felt pretty good about our standings even before the first weigh in. We were nailing the bass one after another. we ended up having our best days on deep. (by numbers) we ended up boating 19 bass for the day and we could've had more. we lost about 10 - 15 fish. Basscaster lost one bigger than the hawg he caught early in the day. I also lost a real nice one right after the first weigh in but oh well, next time. :twisted: It was truley great competition out there and a great come from behind victory for both skunkedagain and bucketmouth4.. Can't wait till the next one. :D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.