Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
5,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All...

Looks like several of us are doing a Deep Lake outing Saturday morning.

The best way to do it is 2 people per boat.

I'll be meeting up with Augy. If anyone needs to make arrangements for a fishing partner/ride, just post here or PM someone.

Here are some links to help...

Deep Lake Map: http://www.windycityfishing.com/deeplake1200.pdf
Deep Lake Info: http://www.windycityfishing.com/deep.htm

I'm planning on arriving just before Jack & Lidia's open at 5:45am.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Wish I could go but I am in on next weekend for sure sent Aris a message Hope to see you on the water some time

·
Registered
383 Posts
Me and Edai (Eric) will be on one boat too.

Hey Edai did you get my second PM? I can't tell if it actually sent or not.

But yeah, It's going to be a hot and humid morning... really similar to when I went yesterday, but worse -- no clouds at all. Gotta bring a cooler or something w/ ice.

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
when you send a pm it first goes to the outbox. when it's read it goes to the sentbox.

noaa reports extreme heat for the weekend. 100+ temps. by noon. Drink plenty of liquids and don't forget sunblock.

big fish pot??? $5 a head???

·
Administrator
5,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We're gonna get pot and big fish for 5 bucks? Right on, dude! 8)

·
Registered
14 Posts
hi jason,
it's awesome that you are fishing deep lake this weekend. wish i could join you. i grew up in lake villa and fished deep every day for 10 years. my suggestion, (i'm no expert, but have had alot of luck here) is the southwest corner of the lake, inside the point. there is a relatively deep hole there (not the deepest spot) and a steep rise on the shore-ward side. running cranks up that rise is a good bet. about 4 years ago, my friends and i sunk about 25 old xmas trees in about 22 feet of water between the tip of the point and the shore about 60' from the west shoreline. alot of the cover has disappeared, but there is still some there at last check earlier this spring. when it's hot like this, it seems to be the best spot for taking decent sized northerns, and the ocassional trout.
have you ever fished cedar lake just to the northwest of deep? the water is crystal clear, and there are some huge lm bass and northern in there. it's about a mile from deep lake on 83. there are 2 places there to rent boats last i checked.
good luck and happy angling.
erik aka. rapala king

·
Administrator
5,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey Erik... thatnk a lot for the suggestion. I will certainly give it a shot!

Are you sure about trout? According to Jack & Lidia's, 600 trout were stocked in 1975-76 but none were ever caught.

·
Administrator
5,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Here's the weather details for July 29, 2006

Mostly sunny morning - night

Time Temp Humidity Wind
6am 72 93% WSW4mph
7am 73 93% WSW4mph
8am 80 87% WSW5mph
9am 84 79% WSW6mph
10am 88 69% WSW7mph

·
Registered
14 Posts
jason,
i have taken some trout of deep lake, but it was probably about 8 or 10 years ago. fished there many times ince, but no more trout. i'm not really a trout-man. more of a hogmouth hunter. i'm not sure if the trout are still ther, but thru out the late 80's when i was living up there, you'd see one caught every once in a while.
erik

1 - 12 of 12 Posts