Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok going to deep lake tommorow. I have been doin research for about a week and i found the so called "hot spots" I will be renting a row boat from Frank and Lydias. If anyone has any tips let me know. I have just one question

What am i better off using lures, plastics, or live bait. Is there a place to get live bait

I will post a report and i am hopin to catch some fish :D

·
Administrator
5,370 Posts
Have a good time out there my friend.

Might be a good idea to have a variety of baits. Never hurts to have some crawlers along.

Crankbaits are popular this time of year. That lake may still be pretty cold so i'd work the baits slow.

Looking forward to your report.

·
Registered
959 Posts
It's actually Jack and Lydia's. He might not respond to Frank. The man you will deal with though is Stosh. He's the guy who rents the boats. Don't expect any lengthy conversations unless you speak Polish. He's a good guy though.

I don't know how Deep fishes this early in the season, but starting last year in May the fish were killing plastics. Senkos were usually king. I would say the usual pre-spawn baits will work such as rat-l-traps, jigs and trailers, and other soft plastics. You could even throw some spinnerbaits or large inline spinners if you want to get a hold of some of the pike that swim there. It has some good ones.

Good luck out there and let us know how you do. 8)

·
Registered
5,344 Posts
ClancyWiggum said:
It's actually Jack and Lydia's. He might not respond to Frank. The man you will deal with though is Stosh.
But Stosh's name I think is John(we just call him Stosh)...Tip him well

my 2 cents ....Like Jay said water is going to be "cold"..head to the warm part...north west side. Rat-l-traps , 'small' cranks or even a chatter bait

don't be upset if you hit a skunk..they are in there just have to keep trying... :lol: and your the first one out this year!!!!

Oh I can't wait for this report :wink:

Good luck...

Mike

P.S. A bad day at Deep is always better than...(fill in the rest as needed)
:wink:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.