Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi boy's, I'm going out to Deep Lake Quarry on Army Trail Rd. I heard there are big bass in there. anybody fish it lately & any advise is appreciated. billyk

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
only fished it a couple times for trout but the west shore seems to have some nice deep dropoffs whereas the eastern shore seems to shallow. don't quote me on that tho! like i said, only been there a couple times. goodluck out there and hope to see some good reports from you.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Like Augy said, the west end has a deep drop off, near the rocky shore. I've gotten skunked the last couple times I've been out there, including this morning. Best of luck to you!

·
Registered
126 Posts
snakes snakes and more snakes, and some pretty nice bass also... but just the sight of what had to be atleast a 5-6 1/2ft. red and black striped water snake is keepin me away from there for shizzle

·
Registered
150 Posts
I was there two weeks ago and got the skunk. My brother went a few days later and caught two nice bass but that was it. It's a tough place to fish as the water is very clear in my opinion.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.