Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got out to jack and lydias at about 11 and launched at 1120. (Jack and Lydias is a nice place) went with my bro and my dad. First went out to the west side of the lake by all the trees on the penninsula. There my brother hooked up on a small bluegill. Drifted all the way waste the reeds and got nothin. Went in for a shore lunch, got back out around 4 and fished south east corner where my dad hooked up on a small 14 in bass on a mepps.

There were $%^*&#$ weeds everywhere :evil: . Is it that bad in the summer.

I was dissaponited about today, but everyone there i talked to today was having a hard time today. They said senkos are killers here in the summer. And the sandbar is great for pike in july and june. And it really is a good lake its clean and there is no garbage in it. I give it a few more chances. The water today was 45-50 degrees. But the on and off clouds messed everything up. There were fish on the fish finder just werent gettin them.

Two other fisherman fished sandbar and got 20 crappies on waxies and slip float.

Left around 630.

Totals

1 Bass-Mepps
1 Bluegill- Rapala small crank

No pics left phone in car.

· Registered
5,187 Posts
Glad to hear the first report from Deep this year. Weeds are a problem in the summer. Yes, Senkos are a good bait to use in the summer months. :wink: I can't wait to get up there myself.

· Registered
5,344 Posts
There were $%^*&#$ weeds everywhere :evil: . Is it that bad in the summer.
Yes but it's.... 10x worst .....but that's a good thing :wink:

Just have to learn the lake ....Big Bass lurk in BIG weeds :lol:

Once catch a few nice bass at Deep (and you will...with a few skunks)your " hooked"

give it time :)

Just a few Pix from last year

· Registered
424 Posts
A good trick for weeds is to pull up drop your anchor straight down thriugh them and and make circles to try to open about a 2 foot area. Drop drop a marker on the spot and come back to it about ten minutes later and drop a jig straight down in the opening you made and see what you get. I do about 3 spots in an area like this by the time you do the third the first one is ready to fish. When you open your spots up you stir up the weeds and the bottom area that stirs up food for minnows and smaller fish and that also attracts bigger fish its put fish in my boat many times. Give it a try I think you'll like the results.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.