Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i gotta redeem myself at deep! since saturday i can't stop thinking about my poor ass performence! need at least a 4lber!! anybody in?

btw, baefish may or may not be in this Sat. cause he broke his collar bone on sunday night. dumbass tried making a phone call while going full speed on his bike and slammed into a pot hole! ouch! he's alright. just a little depressed about his fishing situation.

·
Administrator
5,370 Posts
I'm biking down to Wrigleyville Friday night to catch the sounds of The Police in concert. Won't actually be in the park, but i'm sure the sounds will echo throughout the hood. Then i'm getting a MUCH needed "sleep as long as I want" Saturday morning. Haven't done that in TOO long.

Go get 'em boys! Gotta get a 22"+ bass from a WCF member!

·
Registered
959 Posts
I am definitely in for Saturday just not sure if my wife will be joining me. I am still trying to get her to decide one way or the other. Either way I will be trying my hand at getting another monster Deep Lake bass!!! 8)

·
Administrator
5,370 Posts
Augy... don't sweat that skunk you got last weekend. And actually, you DID catch fish - just not big enough to qualify.

It's SO damned easy to get stuck working patterns that worked on previous outings. Just remember to work the "classic" patterns for bass. Deep Lake is one of those lakes that we get "too" used to and it's real easy to get stuck on "what happened last week, month, year".

The beauty of Deep Lake is that it has all the classic drop-offs, weeds, structure, etc. It ain't fishing Beck, Busse, or the Glen.

Deep Lake is a thousand year old glacier lake - seriously. It was formed during the ice age. Work it like a tournament lake with all the stuff you've learned from watching the fishing shows and videos.

·
Registered
70 Posts
hey aug, i'm going to wait until tomorrow night before i decide.

right now the discomfort level is high, even with the drugs.

not worried about casting, but more about keeping my upper body steady on the boat and also staying out on the water for 5-6 hours.

is there crying in fishing? if so maybe i can do this.

·
Registered
5,344 Posts
"right now the discomfort level is high, even with the drugs. "

Up the dosage man.... there is no "Fishing IR list" gota fish hurt sometimes....it's what the pro's do.....LOL

Maybe we can put you on the 10 day IR :wink:

All day on the boat makes me sore and I'm in one piece.

Hope your feeling better soon John

·
Registered
70 Posts
thanks mike.

i'm trying to ween myself off the meds until this saturday so i'll have some extra pills but i'll pretty close to giving up that idea.

how about moaning? will that scare off the bass?

i'm pretty sure i'm gonna f*ck myself up real good this weekend but a 20"er should make it all ok.

·
Premium Member
2,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
if you stay sitting you should be ok. if you do tip over, try to tipover to your left. :wink: maybe place a few seat cushion floats strategically around the boat so you can make a softer landing. or i could duct tape the cushions on to you. sorta make shift body armor! and if you happen to go over board you'll stay afloat! :lol: :mrgreen:

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
Augy said:
or i could duct tape the cushions on to you. sorta make shift body armor! and if you happen to go over board you'll stay afloat! :lol: :mrgreen:
Another one of Augy's great ideas..................................................... :shock:

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.