Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I made it out fro the tourney but I was late and they had all left without me :D actually I got there at 120 pm and the fish had been weighed- Jaypee won it all, big fish and big bag. Good job Jaypee. 8)

I headed out and had the lake to myself, after a few minutes the sun came out and stayed out all day- perfect weather. The fish were active and there were minnows jumping and stuff all over. Long story short, I landed and weighed 9 keepers between 130 and 750. Alot of carbon copy fish, 2 1.9 lbers to start, then all the rest were 14-15 inchers and barely register on my scale (the first number is 2 LOL)
It was still enough action to keep me occupied. I got one and specifically said to myself "lets get two in a row" and I did! :D and that happened 2 times that I got 2 fish in a row :D
I got to see the bluegill beds (mental note- these wil be bass beds next year) and also saw what may have been a gar. It was sufacing so I thought It was a carp but then the tail had large circular spots? I figure a pike or gar or a sea monster? At the end I went to start my motor and the cord broke but the inner layer of cord held so I just headed back in instead of breaking it- that could have been a prob if I had entered the tourney. It was a fun day and I didnt have to wake up early or get wet 8) - or lose 25 bux to jaypee :)

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I only use one lure, and I fish the shore. Like youre a shore fisherman, just beat the hell out of the shore. Cast into little pockets on the shoreline- if the weedless lure lands like 1 inch from shore thats great. And get the boat up like 10 feet from shore and cast paralell to shore from up close to cover the most productive water per cast. You may find a pushpole more usefull than your troller the weeds are thick, i rowed.
For all your expens and effort on your troller- I love my outboard. It runs dry on gas so you can throw it in your trunk, apartment, whereever. outboards are cheap on ebay and craigs list.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Nice job! Lotsa gar out there... those bass spawn all over that lake! I've seen them literally in every corner, even spawning in the NW corner on lily stems. I haven't been out in a while, hopefully I'll make it soon! I just got a new rod to try out....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.