Chicago Fishing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

· Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess the Skunk is like a hot potato now....sorry mplant, guess I passed it to you. I went to Deep Quarry today with Wrench, and reluctantly went to the little pond on the other side of the hill. I really did not want to walk all the way over there, and when I saw that it was not much bigger than a bath tub I was even more dissapointed. We each caught a couple of tiny fish (almost as big as the minows in the pail). After a couple of hours of this crap, we went back over to the main lake. I barely got my line in the water, and out comes a 9.5" gill.

I was able to land one more keeper before the bite slowed to nothing. If only I hadn't wasted so much time in that puddle on the other side. :( The guys all caught some gills, and a few LM...none of which were picture worthy.

· Registered
2,635 Posts
Fishin-nut, ice varied from 6-10 inches on deep quarry. The puddle was not Bass lake.. I know bass lake and love that lake as well ;) This was a backwater channel to the river right there. I was told there were big gills and Hop Klops in there, Had to give it a shot. Then after we noticed it sucked, we went and found some fish cribs on deep quarry- Thankful to GPS ;) The gills in the pond are stunted big time :( But not Deep Quarry... 8)

· Registered
609 Posts
WrenchingnFishing said:
Fishin-nut, ice varied from 6-10 inches on deep quarry. The puddle was not Bass lake.. I know bass lake and love that lake as well ;) This was a backwater channel to the river right there. I was told there were big gills and Hop Klops in there, Had to give it a shot. Then after we noticed it sucked, we went and found some fish cribs on deep quarry- Thankful to GPS ;) The gills in the pond are stunted big time :( But not Deep Quarry... 8)
oh yeah i know where your talkin about, yah that place sucks

· Registered
1,611 Posts
good job out there at least you avoided the skunk! im looking forward to next weekend im really gonna put a hurtn' on those fish its been too long for me. i feel like im losing my touch :roll:

· Registered
2,635 Posts
JB said:
I'm waiting for the report from Bass Lake! Quarry get's too much pressure.
LOL, OK, you got me... Made it out to bass lake a couple weeks ago before the heavy snow... got a pike. made some polskas release a bass just under 18"s as they tried to keep it. I am sure they hope to not run into me again. I was being a big D**k since it was under sized ;) "I always have my tape measure with me for reasons like that, but rarely use it for my own fish!!! LOL" Heres the hammer-handle I got. a Big head and a small body "This means"= A Slow growing fish :( If you find one like that... most will be the same, but you never know...

We Had other Flags and Missed them.. Larry(Legend075) was there to get in on the action as well...

Attachments

· Registered
3,785 Posts
Dave-
I don't remember when or where but I do know that you were a fan of Bass Lake. That was the reason why I brought it up cuz I swear I recall seeing pics of fish and you out there before.

· Registered
2,635 Posts
JB said:
Dave-
I don't remember when or where but I do know that you were a fan of Bass Lake. That was the reason why I brought it up cuz I swear I recall seeing pics of fish and you out there before.
Yea, I love that lake... but now after seeing the polish guys out there that i saw last year fishing with sticks with line wrapped around it and put over there holes. This year we saw them and they kept the smallest bluegills ever and there were like 5 or 6 of them. they must of had about 15 tip-ups out!!! :shock: All brand new and where they saw us catching them last year. I know they are rapeing the lake. The funny thing is when we saw them out there. They just bought the tip-ups. All were brand new round ones and they had to open some out of the package and rig them up. They watched what we were doing last year. We were moving our tip-ups every 30 minutes, and they sreiously put there tip-ups about 10 feet from every one of ours. If I could watch that lake every day, I would. One reason why I will not post on that lake is that I do not know who is watching on these forums. I don't need any bucketheads watching from behind a computer lurking the board. It's a shame to see fish taken, and I know they have been there more than that one time I saw them this year and last year. There was garbage all over the ice :( It was disgusting. I would probably end up in a real fight with them if they did not throw that largemouth back. Because I know by the time I would call DNR. The bucket-heads would be gone. Well, thats why I am never posting a bass lake report again. Hope ya understand. I will send you and Jaypee a PM with reports from there for now on. sound good? :D

Good Fishn'

Wrench

· Registered
3,785 Posts
I think there is a difference between "a little cleaning out" and wholesale raping which I think Dave was referring to. For all we know these same guys who probably don't own a license between them are out there every day keeping every thing that bites. The reason they're probably out there is the remote location and the fact that DNR will rarely show it's face back there.
I agree that some of these places could use a little catch and keep just to thin the herd. On the other hand I'm glad I don't see the amount of all out poaching that Dave sees otherwise I'd snap.
I don't blame ya Dave for not posting on that lake or on other lakes for that matter alone.

Sorry for jacking the thread.

JB

· Registered
2,635 Posts
Thanks JB, that was kind of you to say that! Much appreciation from me. But for Cranked.. Bass are not stunted there. but thanks for saying that in a disrespectful way... go hang with your homies Wash-Husky, Pezdek, Ed1979 and other homies... LOL have a good winter cranked... im just playing as you know how the panfish mafia does our thing... Have fun, respect our waters and please pick-up your garbage, thats all I ask... In the end... Have a great fun day! :D

JB. let me know where your heading next, your a great guy and would love to possibly help you out on giving some tips and stractics to putting you on fish. Give me a call anytime, if I do not answer, leave me a message, take care!

Wrench

· Registered
1,924 Posts
Karen, that is a beautiful gill... I seen guys pull out 10 inchers 2 years ago when I fished there in early March... A lot just depends on which crib you are sitting over... I will definitely get back over there before the year is out... May even do it during the week after work from 4-10 or 11... That late night closing time looks attractive... I would like to figure out where the walleye and northern are hiding there during the winter...

I have been talking to Wrench and this looks like a good group outing spot... There or Bass (another lake I can't figure out)... Cause if I run into those idiots with short fish on any lake, they will be running outta the preserve leaving their gear behind... I carry the DNR's number in my wallet and I will not hesitate to give them a jingle when necessary... :evil:

BPM

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.