Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So what could be better than having one of those fancy Aqua Views? Sight fishing in crystal clear water of course! We had a little extra time to fish Deep Quarry yesterday, so we put the shanty up (even though the weather was beautiful). I was able to see all of the fish cribs and fish through the hole, and it was amazing. The hard part was watching the fish sniff the jig and pass it right up. DOH! We pulled up a few lm bass, and a crappie. The bite was slow, and we probably should have moved around more. I switched from panfish jigs over to a zip lure for the bass, which I promptly lost on the fish crib. DOH! Oh well, I can't wait to try it again...this time on the EDGE of the crib...

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had my snowmobile out there. The fishing was very slow, so I decided to ride around the lake and help people pull their gear in and out. I had a great time, and will be there next year for sure.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Hey Karen, what going on? We should hit up Deep one night this week. The DNR office did call me back late friday night and said that the gates were closed because no one was there and the officer didnt think anyone would show up because of the cold. So he told me it wouldnt happen again. If it does he said to call dispatch 630-933-7240 and they will send someone out to open the gate. Let me know if thursday or wednesday night works?

oh by the way I had the LX-5 out and still works like a charm. Thank God

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
nsselle said:
Hey Karen, what going on? We should hit up Deep one night this week. The DNR office did call me back late friday night and said that the gates were closed because no one was there and the officer didnt think anyone would show up because of the cold. So he told me it wouldnt happen again. If it does he said to call dispatch 630-933-7240 and they will send someone out to open the gate. Let me know if thursday or wednesday night works?

oh by the way I had the LX-5 out and still works like a charm. Thank God
LOL I'm glad your LX-5 was still working. I think either of those nights would work fine. Dave and I were talking with one of the Dupage park rangers out there yeaterday, and he told us the same thing. He also gave us some good info on that lake :wink: .

·
Premium Member
969 Posts
same here to Karen with seeing the fish in the hole. I was in Kenosha and was told people in shantys were watching browns cruise back and forth. It would of been cool if I remembered to bring my aqua view so I could see everything in crystal clear water.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.