Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So today i fished for two hours caught a lil dink lmb and used my new white scum frog had to hits but learning how to set the hook on it but I also have bad news the lake lost two nice bass today someone took at 16 and 17 inch lmb under 18 I hate that s**t they were super skinney y would u take them they are post spawn and got no meat thanks for reading

·
Registered
382 Posts
batman22507 said:
So today i fished for two hours caught a lil dink lmb and used my new white scum frog had to hits but learning how to set the hook on it but I also have bad news the lake lost two nice bass today someone took at 16 and 17 inch lmb under 18 I hate that s**t they were super skinney y would u take them they are post spawn and got no meat thanks for reading
Deep Quarry is usually pretty decent, as far as the bucketeers are concerned. At least you caught something, so you didn't just practice casting for 2 hours.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
That sucks about those 2 bass coming out... I would have been on the phone in a millisecond... I found a number that I keep on me that was on a site under District State Police Fishing Violations.... It is 847-931-2405... I keep it in my wallet for when incidents like yours happen... Haven't used it yet but I am sure sometime I will... :x - BPM

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
The lake is getting hammered by bucketheads. they are just taking everything especailly the undersize bass. Fishing there has gone from a scale of 10 to a 4 now in the last couple years. Very disappointing. I've pretty much given up on the lake. :cry:. It was my favorite placed to fish.

·
Registered
160 Posts
BASSPROMATUK said:
That sucks about those 2 bass coming out... I would have been on the phone in a millisecond... I found a number that I keep on me that was on a site under District State Police Fishing Violations.... It is 847-931-2405... I keep it in my wallet for when incidents like yours happen... Haven't used it yet but I am sure sometime I will... :x - BPM
I have the number for the ranger on my phone for dupage forest preserve police.
630-933-7240
they will come out for sure! I have used it!
If the opportunity is there to police our own waters we should take advantage of it.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Glad you got one on the frog. Bummer about dudes not following the regs. Sounds like both fish were illegal. :?

Special Fishing Regulations
Below are special fishing regulations for Deep Quarry Lake as regulated by the Illinois Department of Natural Resources. For complete fishing regulations for Illinois click here.
Channel Catfish - 12" Minimum Length Limit
Channel Catfish - 3 Fish Daily Creel Limit
Large or Smallmouth Bass - 1 Fish Daily Creel Limit
Large or Smallmouth Bass - 18" Minimum Length Limit

Walleye, Sauger, or Hybrid Walleye - 3 Fish Daily Creel Limit
Walleye, Sauger, or Hybrid Walleye - 6" Minimum Length Limit
White, Black, or Hybrid Crappie - 15 Fish Daily Creel Limit
White, Black, or Hybrid Crappie - 9" Minimum Length Limit

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.