Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished Defiance Lake from 7:00 a.m. until 1:00 p.m. After dealing with a leaking boat in the first hour I didn't really get down to some serious fishing until 8:00 a.m. or so. :evil: This marked my 4th trip out to Defiance this year and was by far the best. I got quite a few hits and misses, but I did manage to pull out 3 really nice bass. I had 2 other fish on, but they spit the hooks pretty quick. The 3 bass I did get in were all caught on green senkos. I heard and saw fish jumping everywhere all morning long, but didn't get a single fish on topwater. Oh well, I finally got my mojo back as evidenced below. Let's hope it can continue on for a while. What a great day!!! :D :D :D

16" chunk @ 1lb 7oz

17" big boy @ 2lb 1oz

20" hawg @ 2lb 13oz (a little skinny)

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
coyote said:
Thanks for report still trying to get out there . Nice fish. Do you stick strictly with senkos, do you throw spinnerbaite for pike at all.
Back a couple of months ago I caught two pike on black and orange inline spinners. I usually try to throw spinners and spoons for a little while when I get out there in the hopes of getting into more pike, but I spend most of my time with the senkos due to my confidence in them.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.