Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im going there tomarrow with my boat just wondering if it is fishable from a boat cause i know it gets really weedy but is it still worth it with a boat? Also wouldnt mind any lures techniques or tips.

·
Registered
453 Posts
This lake has limited shore access. The best fishing is by boat. But you must rent from Gill at the dam. You cannot launch your own boat!
Electric motors only.

If you are there early, head straight out the boat dock and work the pads on the other side of the lake. Buzzbaits and senkos flipped in the holes between the pads are a good bet. Later in the morning, work weedlines using various baits. Later in the day is when I usually work the middle of the lake for pike. I use spoons, spinnerbaits and bucktails for the pike.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thankyou for the reply! i was looking at the DNR website and it said you could bring in a canoe or cayak, so i called the office and they told me as long as its registered i can bring in a carry in boat like my pond prowler. so aslong as u can get it in the pick up thet will let you use ur own now witch is good cause now i dont have to spend any money.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Yep, as long as you can carry it in you can use it. It's a great lake. I have fished there many times over the last year or so, but only once this year. There are some really nice fish in there though as it doesn't get a lot of fishing pressure and certainly no pleasure boaters. The one complaint I have with the lake is that it always seems windy there. :?

·
Registered
345 Posts
jaypee the hhf said:
has any one ever fished Lily lake just north of there????
Tried it a couple of times, never really got anything out of there. It is extremely shallow by the shoreline and choked full of lily pads right now.
Most people seem to fish out of boats over there. Id really love to throw a frog or a buzzbait there one morning on the way to work.
Wonder if they would mind if I waded out a bit.

Let me know if you head down there jaypee, its only a few mins from my house.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.