Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Goonna post a report, but tough to follow the guys great outing from last friday. Fished with and new friend named Dennis. Started at 6 with topwaters , after 20 minutes and only 2 blowups with no fish had a feeling a spinnerbait might be more productive for pike. Between 630 and 930 between us got 7 pike and missed another15-20 hits. Was very odd to get that much action but also miss that many fish.Allfish were mid to upper 20s with some of the misses being a little bigger. Orange or black spinners worked equally well. All fish were in 3-6 feet of water.

Bass were another story, fish were tough to come by. Worked piers from 930 till 1130 with 4inch plastics amd fake crawdads. Dennis caught 3 on the crawsbut no keepers. I got 3 but only 1 keeper. Seawalls were unproductive yesterday after getting lot of fish there last week.Had to leave by 1130 still looking for that monster pike. Maybe next time will use some suckers , never seen a year were the bass are taking suckers like this year[
][/img][
][/img]

·
Registered
535 Posts
Nice job Coyote...

We definitly had to work harder for them when our bait ran out...
I also had some misses on spinner baits by pike and when I threw bigger spinner baits I would get follows but pike wouldn't commit....

Thanks for the report.

NPIKE

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks Coyote for not only posting your reports but also for what you're using. Truly helps us new guys to the area. Greatly appreciate it.

Hitting Delavan or Lake Geneva for the first time this coming Friday morning. Haven't decided which yet. Taking Senkos, buzzbaits and backup leaf worms for panfish. Fingers crossed. If at Geneva, was going to focus on Williams Bay. Just always good just to get out.

But thanks again and keep up the good fishing!

·
Super Moderator
6,230 Posts
Nice fish Mike. I'm working on trying to finally get out there again this weekend if Lakelawn has any of the Woodlawn rooms available (currently they do not). If I am able to book I will give you a call and maybe we can arrange something.

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Will always give any info i can , even if i have a slow day wich happens more than enough. Matt you are way overdue to get out there and work your majic with the senkos and your itty bitty hook :lol: N.P i also used the big spinners but had many misses downsized to a half ounce orange reef runner and success rate got a bit better. Surprised the topwater bite was slow for you and i last few days., but still a full 6-7 weeks of what should be good action.
Mike, either lake is a great choice with the pike plentiful on Delavan , if the bass are tough to come by., and on Geneva if you have trouble finding bass drop a crwaler in15-30 feet and you will find some quality panfish and some bonus smallies.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.