Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went musky/pike hunting on Delavan Saturday 11/10 with my bro and friend from work. We got the big skunk. Saw one pike by the landing, got one follow to the boat from a small pike on a yellow lazy ike. We were marking fish on the electronics hugging bottom in 30ft and deeper. We didn't have the right tackle or live bait to jig that deep, so it made for a tough trip. In hindsight, we should have docked and ran for some minnows. Had fun anyway. It was our first time on that lake...nice place. We were shocked by the amount of still-green weeds, particularly this nasty slime that seemed to coat everything...nasty stuff. We'll have to hit it again in the spring.

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Have personally seen 5 muskies caught there in 7 years. Have been bitten off 3 times in 7 years. 2 muskies caught in channel by launch. Fishin Matt picked up 1 there 2 years ago if i recall was mid 20s to high 20s. Other Skies were caught by yours truly in 12 feet just outside of the breakwall. A 37 , 40 and a 49 in a 3 week period in June of 2005. All were caught while throwing for pike... have never targeted them there, just happen to be realy really lucky to catch them. All fish attacked either a buzzbait or bucktail.

·
Super Moderator
6,230 Posts
coyote said:
Have personally seen 5 muskies caught there in 7 years. Have been bitten off 3 times in 7 years. 2 muskies caught in channel by launch. Fishin Matt picked up 1 there 2 years ago if i recall was mid 20s to high 20s. Other Skies were caught by yours truly in 12 feet just outside of the breakwall. A 37 , 40 and a 49 in a 3 week period in June of 2005. All were caught while throwing for pike... have never targeted them there, just happen to be realy really lucky to catch them. All fish attacked either a buzzbait or bucktail.
You are the musky king out there Mike. With all the time we spend throwing big baits out there though, it is suprising we have not had any more consistency catching them. Your 3 week period was one for the ages though :lol:

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Definitly the fish of 1,000 casts MATT. Thought for sure there was gonna be a beast caught this year.As far as original post i have oppurtunity to fish Delavan friday but with the algae bloom still going and very little reports out there i believe im done with Delavan this year.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.