Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had the oppertunity to hookup with MRB for a day of Pike fishing on Delavan Lake.
It was a cool day but the sun took a little of the bite of the chill out of the air.
We started at sunrise throwing Lures at the North East end of the lake,we worked Lake Lawn and then made a run to Browns Channel with no Hits , no follows and no hook-ups.

We then headed to the West end of the lake to Viewcrest Bay we worked the Bay area with a varity of lures Adam was dragging a sucker off the back while I had a med Roach off the front while we were casting. Still nothing we were about to leave the area when a call from Coyote came in that suggested we were working the right area. So we started working the shore area with a steeper drop off and secound cast MRB hooks up with this pike followed by 2 misses for me.

We thought we were finally on a pattern but then we reworked the area a couple times with out any success. We continued to work the shore to willow point where I had only one more follow.

Time was running out and we made a last dash to Lake Lawn and worked our way back to the launch were I had 4 more follows but no takers.

We worked waters from 2 to 18 ft with most action comming close to the drop-offs or in 8 to 14 FOW..

MRB went 1 for 1 while I went 0 for 7, with nothing on our live bait..

It was great meeting MRB he was an outstanding fishing partner and I enjoyed our conversation. I just wish I could have observed some of his fish netting skills.. :wink:
Maybe next time..

NPIKE

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Thanks again Arvid! Had a great time, and enjoyed meeting you, even if the fish didnt cooperate, I still enjoyed the trip. We thru everything but the kitchen sink at them and they werent taking. It appears that the lake is turning over right now with the masses of weed clumps surfacing. I am sure that had a big role in the factoring. I believe that the water temp was at 53 degrees.
It was good to get out and find some new promising spots for next year. :wink: I cant believe on all those follows none commited, NPike even had the figure eight going on one for a few seconds but the bastard didnt bite. :x
Thanks again and thanks to the coyote for the tips too.

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
You guys sure gave it everything you had, those are just really tough conditions, with the water being so screwed up.Have benn skunked at least 3 times in my days fishing there, and never had double digit days this late in the year. We didnt fare much better on friday. May and June are not that far away :D

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We definatly put in a full day of effort. Hope I didn't keep you out there too long....

We'll just have to give it anouther try in the spring MRB...

I expect we will see a MRB report shortly as he's still got some leftover Suckers and Roaches that need to be put to good use...

NPIKE

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Nice try guys for some tough conditions ,Atleast u guys seen fish unlike my outing lol.

·
Super Moderator
6,230 Posts
It seems that terrible extended algae bloom really messed them up this Fall. There will probably be a small feeding window after turnover and the bloom clears, but nothing like last years bite. On a good note though, it should make for some excellent Spring fishing next year. Judging from reports it does not seem like there was as much pressure this late summer and fall due to bad conditions.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Sounds like you guys had a tuff day on Geneva. At least you guys got some action. I fished Kenosha on Saturday for 13 hours and Sunday for 7 hours and got the BIG O FAT SKUNK.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.