Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mike and I got out Wednesday for some Delavan bass. It was not the ideal day with winds at 10-15 in the morning and getting up to at least 25 in the early afternoon. Main lake water temps were 59 at launch and all the way into the mid 60's by early afternoon. Early on we had some success on spinnerbaits and later on we did well with plastics in the calmer waters. We were very limited in where we could go due to the conditions but were able to find a few things that worked. By early afternoon winds became unmanageable to we had to call it a day. The police and EMTs were at the Lake Lawn launch and we learned from another boat that a 14'' jonboat had capsized. I hope they ended up ok. As always, it was a great time with Mike, even though we had to work like crazy to scratch a decent day out there.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Nice job working to get them fish! Hope the guys in the 14 Ft. boat are all right.

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Thanks for the fun time Matt. WAS defintly one of our top windyest days on the great D. You were the master at using the bowmount in that wind, you had to have benn mentally and physically worn out by the time you got home.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Thanks for the report Matt, I love that pic. Rudy and I were dealing with the same type of winds last week on Geneva: we got wet to say the least.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Good job guys! It has been really windy most days I have been out so far this year. We run a 14' up there, but we also travel very light, and are always overly careful. Hope those people are ok!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.