Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick report for two half day trips. The bass had slowed down some but the pike were chasin baits pretty good. I ended up with a nice mixed bag of fish, but the highlight was my personal best pike, measuring in at a little over 42''. An awesome fish released to fight another day.

·
Super Moderator
6,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys. The self timer option on my digital camera has saved me a bunch this year. Have you ever caught a nice fish by yourself and tried to hold the fish up and take the shot? Most of the time it comes out bad, and it always has dissapointed me.

As far as the rest of the trip goes, honestly it was pretty slow. The bass had moved on to a different pattern, and although I caught a few really nice ones, it was not hot and heavy like a couple weeks ago. I still am hearing reports of guys catching 15-20 bass, so I must be doing something wrong to have only of caught a handful. I spent most of the time throwing big baits for pike and musky. Besides the big guy, I stuck a couple other pike in the low 30's and several in the mid to high 20's. I lost 2 fish of the Esox variety that I never saw, but I know were BIG fish. Can't catch them all I guess. I also lost a few smaller pike and a couple 4 lb. plus bass. Can't catch them all the time I guess, but I feel fortunate to have gotten one big one. 45'' is my next goal :p I did not snap too many pics because the big guy was the first fish of the trip, but here are a few other highlights.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts