Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been a while since I was able to get out and fish on the boat, 48 long days to be exact. :( Part of the reason my post count's been down lately.

But had an oppertunity to get out this last friday as

MRB joined me for a day on Big D.

Our plan was to drag meat for pike while casting for bass.

Things started slow but then this bass grabed some fresh Meat

MRB gets on Board

The Daily Double

Things pick up a bit...

My First over 20 Bass finally.

Adam showing our typical pike for the day

MRB finishing the day strong...

You know it's a good day and it's been a long time between fishing trips when NPIKE smiles in a fish photo..

A quick review we caught about 20 bass most 17 to 20 inches
About 7 or 8 pike in the low to mid twenties.
Most fish and all bigger fish on suckers 4 to 6 inch range
10 to 15 FOW close to weed edge

Maybe Adam will post a few pictures he got some great shots.

Had a great time with MRB on the Big D...

NPIKE

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
I too havent had much time to post lately, been too busy being a daddy.

Arvid didnt mention that he was a piggie machine, I think that he caught one fish under 18" all day. Congrats again on your PB, that thing was a beast! What a fun day! We had to do some searching but were rewarded by our efforts.

Gotta put these three up again, they are my favorites!

Here are some more:

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks guys... After not being on the water for such a long time it was nice to be lucky enough to get on a nice pattern, it made for a memorable day..

Coyote wrote:
Did you guys try any topwaters early ?
We started with topwaters and ended the day with topwaters. We had no early morning takers but Adam had quite a few blow ups towards the end of the day. Especially as we got close to the launch. I can't remember if his last fish was on a topwater or other type lure.

NPIKE

·
Registered
3,777 Posts
Nice job on some serious lip ripping. Were you fishing with slip bobbers with those suckers? Glad to see you and MrB post....hadn't seen y'all for awhile. Well you certainly made up for it. I would kill for one of those days. Nice!!
:shock:

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
JB wrote:
Were you fishing with slip bobbers with those suckers?
Yes tried dead sticking with bait clicker and slip bobber with bait clicker on. Drifting or moving very slow with electric troll . Slip bobber produced better for us...

JB wrote:
Glad to see you and MrB post....hadn't seen y'all for awhile.
It was my first time out on the water in almost 50 days. Have been busy doing alot of sidework. Was getting a bit bummed not getting out and all....

·
Registered
3,777 Posts
JB wrote:
Quote:
Glad to see you and MrB post....hadn't seen y'all for awhile.
It was my first time out on the water in almost 50 days. Have been busy doing alot of sidework. Was getting a bit bummed not getting out and all....
I hear ya....somehow life gets in the way. Ya made up for it fo sho. With fall coming up I don't want to see another 50 day fishless span. That would be uncalled for. :lol:

Make it happen and please share....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.