Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fishing Saturday at Delavan was the slowest I've seen up there this year. The shallow weeds have really grown in and all the rain last week made for a couple algae blooms.

I had planned on fishing all day but I had to leave at 11:00 due to a family emergency. I had only caught a couple smaller bass by that time. I did have a big pike slam my buzzbait.

The weather was great but the number of fishermen was unbelievable. I've never felt so cramped in my life. I wasn't really that upset about having to leave due to boats being EVERYWHERE. I've fished 100 boat tournament before and have felt like I had more water than that. And I could go on and on about guys coming 30 yards away from you and dropping anchor right as you are moving through an area. Unless it is late in the season, I don't think I'll be up there again on a weekend this year. Good fishing.

·
Registered
3,264 Posts
Paul Matt and i experinced the same madhouse on Geneva saturday. I think being the last 80 degree saturday got everyone out. Another thing about Delavan , i have never seen so many panfisherman out. They are having quite a year on the gills up there, and ancorhed everywhere. Bass seem really tough to find unless you use some live bait. Good luck next time out.

·
Super Moderator
6,307 Posts
Paul, you just never know about the traffic in the Fall, especially on Delavan. Yami Master and I fished it several years ago on a late October day and arrived at the launch almost an hour before sunrise and the launch was backed up over 20 boats deep. One thing is for sure, if the weather is decent, there will be plenty of boats, especially with all the panfish this year. Geneva is a little nicer IMO because there is more water to spread the fishermen out which is great once the pleasure boaters are gone.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.