Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
According to todays Sun times you can now rent boats on Delavan heres the number877-740-1208. I know a couple of you guys may not own a boat and maybe this will give you an oppurtunity to fish there . Its been 5 years since boats have benn rented there.

·
Super Moderator
6,276 Posts
I saw on another site that the prices are $150 for a day and I think $85 for a half day. Denny from Lakeside on Shabbona Lake is actually partnering up with Delavan Bait and Tackle for this. I am assuming Denny is providing the boats because he is a licensed Sylvan dealer. A little pricey IMO, but if you go in on it with another guy, probably worth it.

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Icalled number you are right boats are rented from Delavan bait and tackle, i thought the guy told me 175 or 200 for day , might as well get a guide for that much money, another choice would be Geneva bait and tackle much lower price for sure.

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Icalled number you are right boats are rented from Delavan bait and tackle, i thought the guy told me 175 or 200 for day , might as well get a guide for that much money, another choice would be Geneva bait and tackle much lower price for sure.

·
Registered
953 Posts
How much is it from Geneva bait and tackle? Do they rent the gas motors as well?

·
Super Moderator
6,276 Posts
Here is the info:

Delevan Lake Fishing Boat Rentals, LLC., is announcing that fishing boats are now available for rent at Delavan Lake. This coincides with the recent rise in fishing popularity of Delavan Lake in Walworth County, Southern Wisconsin, just East of Lake Geneva. Previously, there were no fishing boat rentals available on Delavan Lake.

Delavan Lake is a 2,072 acre lake, 56 foot maximum depth, 21 foot average depth, that is rapidly gaining a fishing reputation for great catches of Northern Pike, Muskie, Smallmouth Bass, Largemouth Bass, Walleye, Perch, Crappie and very large Bluegill.

Delavan Lake has been a limited access lake due to private shorelines and boat launch facilities for only 100 fishing boat rigs. You either had to own property or bring your own boat. Now fishing boat rental will be available.

This new service will provide affordable fishing opportunities on Southern Wisconsin's most popular fishing lake.

The fishing boats will be rented through Delavan Lake Bait & Tackle co., Inc., 3542 WI. State Hwy. 50, Delavan, Wisconsin, 877-740-1208. Please call ahead for reservations.

The fishing boats are 14 foot Sylvan Northwood Deep V Aluminum and will be powered by new 2007, 9.9 Johnson 4 Stroke, electric start engines, that are very user friendly.

Rental rates will be $150. Per Day, $85. For Four Hours and $50. For Two Hours. Hours of operation will be 6 AM - 7 PM., 7 days a week.

For more information or to reserve a boat, please call 877-740-1208.

Delavan Lake Fishing Boat Rentals, LLC. is a new business venture by Brian Bishop, owner of Delavan Lake Bait & Tackle Company and Denny Sands, co-owner of Shabbona's Lakeside Bait, Tackle & Boat Rental.

Please contact Brian at 877-740-1208 for fishing reports

·
Super Moderator
6,276 Posts
This is what Denny rents at Shabbona, so I assume it is similar or the same.

Sylvan Bass Motor Boat

$ 140.00 All Day **
36" Live well, trolling motor, Lowrance Depth Finder, 9.9 Johnson remote with steering wheel, 4 Bass seats, 2 anchors, etc.

$ 90.00 for 4 Hours *

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Sounds like little aluminum boats that are only 2 feet longer than the ones that Jack rents at Deep. Another example of taking advantage of those of us south of the border that will probably be the primary renters. :shock:

·
Registered
535 Posts
The Shabbona boat rental FishinMatts talking about for $140 for the day is there upgraded rental they also have the standard boats with bench seats and motor that are $65 a day.

As far as the Delavan rentals for the price I would hope they would be comprable to the Shabbona rental with all upgrades. Personally I think a 9hp is sort of small for that lake.

NPIKE

·
Administrator
5,364 Posts
Considering Delevan can provide some trophy fishing opportunities, splitting the cost with a couple of friends for a half day of fishing might be the way to offset the high prices. I agree they are ridiculously expensive though.

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
When i talked to guy he said they were getting lots of calls due to article and will add more boats for fall he alrewdy has people booked for october.. Said prices are high cause insurance is astonomical. I rent anybody the ss Coyote for 100 aday :D

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
When you go to Bass Pro's Big Cedar Lodge on Table Rock Lake in Missouri you can rent one of these for $175/ day. It's a helluva lot better fishing boat.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
toothdoc said:
When you go to Bass Pro's Big Cedar Lodge on Table Rock Lake in Missouri you can rent one of these for $175/ day. It's a helluva lot better fishing boat.

You got that doc. I looked at one of those when I was at Gander Mtn. Wow, very nice set up... maybe in a year or two with a 9.9 for all the state lakes around. 8)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.