Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my buddy Nolan out for some early topwater fishing for pike on Delavan. Got on water at 530 and fished till alomost 900am. We picked up 5 pike between us all on buzzbaits..... once again still nothing huge just some mid 20s fish but nonetheless still priceless moments seeing the kid fight his favorite fish. Missed a couple of good bassalso. Let Nolan throw his frog by launch in the moss to my surprise the kid almost nailed a huge bass that shot threw the greeen stuff, pretty cool. Wanted him to see whay real panfish look like so we went over to Fontana and launched on Geneva. Left launch got in 16 feet and within 20 minutes had 2 smallies going 16 inch. Later caught a couple more of smaller size. Nolan had a blast nailing huge gills and rock bass with an ocaasional perch mixed in. Betwenn 1000am and 200pm we caught i would say over 60 fish. All fish caught on crawlers in 14-28 feet, 2 splitshots on a small hook dropped down to bottom and 2 cranks up was the ticket. Great job Nolan you did a great job all day long.[
][/
][
][/
][
][/img]

·
Registered
3,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Adam you know how excited that kid gets, but i actually almost went over the boat when that pig came through 3 inches of moss to try and take his frog :D While yesterday conditions were ok, today was the day to get out there calm winds and overcast morning , fishing on Delavan could be tremendous today.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.