Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mike and I did a Friday/Saturday trip fishing Delavan Friday and Geneva Saturday. Fishing was on the slow side both days, but we had a good time.

Things started off good with a nice topwater pike right off the bat

It was one of those days were they would just hit and shake off after a second or two, usually close to the boat. I also had a VERY big fish break me off and another just saw the buzzbait off right next to the boat. We both had a chance to have a record day with the pike, but just had trouble with the landing part :oops: We still ended up with a nice amount of snakes, with Mike getting on the board with a big one as well.

Bass were very slow and we threw the book at them shallow and deep. We just could not find a pattern and what we caught was nice, but very sporadic.

Mike with a 4 1/2 lber caught on a hula popper

The next morning we decided to try Geneva and per Geneva custom a few bass were caught on chatterbaits at first light

We really were out there for the smallies and caught one in 20 feet right off the bat. After that we bounced around to about half of my spots without another bite. For whatever reason they are not schooling in the same areas like they were last year at this time. Very disapointing when we were expecting a big numbers day.

We decided to try to salvage the morning skipping docks and caught a half dozen fish or so along with a few breakoffs of fish that just refused to come out of their living rooms :p

The company was good and the weather was nice, so although are expectations were not quite met on the fishing side, it was a great time none the less 8)

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
Great trip Matt/Mike... I have to get up there next year :lol:

FishinMatt said:
Fishing was on the slow side both days, but we had a good time.
Even on a slow days you guys get some nice fish :wink:

·
Super Moderator
6,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
BassCaster said:
Great trip Matt/Mike... I have to get up there next year :lol:

FishinMatt said:
Fishing was on the slow side both days, but we had a good time.
Even on a slow days you guys get some nice fish :wink:
Thanks guys.

We did get a few nice ones but logged some heavy hours, especially Friday being an all day trip. I think it has been about 3 years since I lost so many fish on a buzzbait as well. Between the 2 of us we could of landed around 10 fish over 30''s :? :p

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Matt , it was sure great to see the size of the pike , with soo many fish being in the 30s all day. Was like the good old days we used to have. Another inch this way or that way , and we would have had some injured fingers i think. ALL the rain on thursday and the cold frony sure did not help the bass fishing. Its gonna be tough to choose from over the next 5 weeks as were to go Geneva or Delavan as these lakes begin to fatten up for winter. On the real positive side at least we di not get swamped with water as we did last time out :D

·
Registered
3,777 Posts
Dude your mixed bag is always insane.....nice outing. I gotta get out there. Unfortunately sounds like ya gotta own a boat or pay some tough rental prices. JB

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.