Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decided to brave 38 degree temps and start the day on delvan with MRB. Got on water at five thirty and started casting buzz baits at five forty five. I managed a small pike in the dark that suprized me at the boat. Fifteen minutes later managed a thick thirty three inch pike, best pike I've had in two years. Got an other a few minutes later. After Adam misssed one the wind picked up proudced no more fish. Went over to lake lawn and fished in ten to tweleve feet were Adam picked up a pike on a dt ten after i missed one on a chattered bait Adam missed an other one. We decided at nine O'clock even though the bite was good we wanted to try for some smallis on geneva. Fished for a good part of the day and really dint fare to well while we caught around 12-14 smallies there was not one over 17, all fish were caught in 17-21 feet did try depper water but nothing there for us. Adam had a pike that was proably biggest pike ive seen in these waters while we decided to throw shallow right before we left, not sure what we would have done if you would have hooked himAdam :shock: . While iam limited in my 6 horse really should have found more fish. As someone else stated Matt makes it look so easy when it really is not. GOOD luck out there sunday Matt please dont catch too many smallies ....... give the old guy a chance :D

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
What a fun outing! I havent been able to do that in a long time! We definitely had to work for them today. Not as easy as Mike (your to modest) and Matt make it look, still fun though. Boat traffic was light but they always seem to be nearby. Looking forward to the fall on both of these lakes.

Mike got the big fish of the day, and it was a beast! The pics dont do justice! That sucker was thick and heavy. Thanks again Mike

Heres the pics:

Mikes 33

·
Registered
537 Posts
Thanks for the report . Looks like you guys had fun.

Coyote 38 degrees and shorts? Are those your lucky big pike fishing shorts?
HINT: Get a lucky fishing hat they work better in cold weather. :lol:

NICE PIKE COYOTE

:? Maybe I should wear shorts to Delavan this fall.

NPIKE

·
Registered
3,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Actually when we first got on water in darlk i was not cold at all, it wasnt till it got light and the wind was blowing into us that i got chiilled. I think if it would have stayed alittle calmer we would have had a very good a.m. throwing topwaters. When big pike hit he was not shy at all about taking my buzzbait had both hook and tailer hook inside mouth, and boy did he explode out of the water when he hit. As nice a fish as he was the one on Genvea that followed Adams spinnerbait look made mine look like a guppy :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.