Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got on water with my friend Larry at 515am first 30 minutes turned out to be our best part of the day for bass picking up a few on spinnerbaits. Lost a couple more in the early am then bass fishing came to an abrupt halt for us . Went into a channel for some bass and saw some bass in the shallows but could not get these fish to commit. Went deeper for pike and from about 10 till 12 had close to 30 pike follow various lures but could only get 2 in the boat. With the water temps still on the cool side , they would follow from quite a distance and put there nose right on lure but rarley would swipe at it, was still cool to see some real beasts. Matt and Yammi will have a report coming with some real pics to choose from there weekend . Thanks guys for some tips out there[
] [/
][
][/img]

·
Super Moderator
6,231 Posts
Awesome bass Mike. It sure was a strange early morning bite which only seemed to last about 15-20 minutes. Great job with all the pike follows. We tried a few times on the main lake but could only get a few snakes out there. You must of dialed int he magic depth. Hopefully next week the followers turn into biters.

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Adam fish was pushing 19.5, was a fun battle in the dark. As far as the pike was in 5-7 feet just before lake lawn harbor with the hot bait being a Northland reef ruuner spinnerbait and a bionic bucktail in orange , also had 1 muskie follow. Had a large pike in hale my 20 dollar jerkbate and break the bottom of my snap off wich i have never seen before. Have a chance to go tommorow , maybe Geneva, or Delavan boy what tough choices to make :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.