Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend Mark and I headed out for Delavan today. It was a beautiful morning to be out. Saw FishinMatt, Yami, Coyote and his buddy Larry out there too.

Mark picked one up right away but then we searched for the next hour or so without a sniff. I switched to an xrap and got 2 dink bass and a tiny pike within minutes of each other. Thought we had something going on but the bite slowed again. It wasnt till about 8 or 830 and debating on moving that we got into a pattern that produced for the next 2hrs or so. We set up a drift and just kept working the area until that bite died. About 11 the wind was really howling and we decided to call it quits. Not sure the totals on the day but it was good to get out and be busy catching.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
coyote said:
Nice fish guys i guess we gave up to early in that area.
Mike, after I spoke with you we were gonna bail we decided to make one more pass and thats when they turned on. We saw Matt and Yami again and they were nailing them just NW of us. The water temp I think had alot to do with it. It was 55 degrees in the morning and once it hit 57 it turned them on. Im not sure if it was persistance or laziness that we stayed there prolly a little bit of both. LOL!

·
Registered
3,777 Posts
Man nice bag o' fish ya got there Mr. B and friend. Those are some respectable pike and the bass with the biggest lip is exceptional! Great pics from what sounded like a exciting outing. Delavan looks like a great place to fish. Wishin' I had a boat right about now. :D

JB

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.