Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well this report is a little Late, but fishing was tough. Me, Koolaid, and Big Bass Lee arrived at Delavan Saturday morning around 7:30am. We got on the ice around 8:00am. Mplant showed up around 3:00pm. The ice was not the greatest as we could not get out to deeper water. I am suprised me and Lee did not break through and fall in. We had a close call. :oops:

Well Heres Karens Piece of Crap shanty that she took back within having it out the 2nd or 3rd time on the ice...

I started off the day with some heavy drinking... After setting up camp and running my tip-ups :wink:

Big Bass Lee was looking for the fish with no avail...

Halfway through the day we finally got a flag, Karen caught her first Tip-Up Pike.

As the day went on and it came to night, we caught no more fish on Day 1 and thought we would pack it up and head it for a buffet meal at Lake Lawn... Man was it a Hike!!! Being drunk and all that snow does not go well. There were many breaks on the haul in.

As Day 2 came along, we had 40-50 mph winds on the lake with a wind chill of -35 out. Big Bass Lee and Mplant stayed back at the resort and relaxed... After getting to bed around 2am and being woken up by Karens brother at 3:30am to go fish. we got on the ice around 5am after grabbing more bait in town. Damn was it windy!

After setting up early in the morning, The Jiffy took a shit on us and I did not want to mess with it since it was pretty chilly out. I took a hike back in, grabbed my hand auger turned around and thought damn, that is a Hike with all that snow!!! :shock:

As you can see, we had to dress really warm... YaYaYa!!!

We also had another way of staying warm as well!!! :p

Karens Brother Had a Blast out there, Even though we didn't catch anything. it was still a great time...

That was the end of our trip as we stayed the night on Sunday as well, then went to Bangs on the way back and got onto fish instantly...

Dave

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
big bass lee has gotta get some skis on that tugboat shanty of his! that was one hell of a haul i was sore for the next day or two after that outting. thanks for the invite, we'll slam em next time

·
Registered
308 Posts
I had a great time with my friends out there. That Prime Rib buffet was the bomb! I didn't want to get out there in the -30deg 40 mph winds the next day because the rooms are so nice and warm at Lake lawn.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Shit if i were a fish i wouldn't bite in that shit either.And those pics are awesome your hardcore jr.Glad to have you in the family your a good soldier.See you in a.m. at Geneva.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Great job guys/gal. I also agree with Ringneck, that silhouette pic is beautiful. Hey Karen, I read you brought the Cabelas shack back. Why? Review...
Dave, do you ever sleep?

·
Registered
400 Posts
ringneck said:
congrats koolaid on your first ice pike! I like that picture with the silhouette of the fisherman carrying the auger to the shanty
Thanks. That fisherman in the pic is Wrench. My brother and wrench were huddled in the shanty while I was out in the -30 temps taking pictures.

·
Registered
400 Posts
jdisci said:
Great job guys/gal. I also agree with Ringneck, that silhouette pic is beautiful. Hey Karen, I read you brought the Cabelas shack back. Why? Review...
Dave, do you ever sleep?
For lack of better words, that thing was a piece of crap! The zippers were broken after only two uses. The stitching was coming out and getting caught in the zippers. I returned it and bought the clam base camp. The anchors were much better on the cabelas shanty though. The base camp now has a hole though due to one of the walls caving in and hitting the lantern. :( I love the base camp though and will have to go out and find a patch kit tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
koolaid2313 said:
ringneck said:
congrats koolaid on your first ice pike! I like that picture with the silhouette of the fisherman carrying the auger to the shanty
Thanks. That fisherman in the pic is Wrench. My brother and wrench were huddled in the shanty while I was out in the -30 temps taking pictures.
Haha, Are you ok???

I was the only one out drilling holes and setting tip-ups. Plus you came out around like 9am, you should have came out before sunrise. :mrgreen:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.