Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got out with Larry for his first time on Delavan. Started throwing at 615 till 700am without a fish in the boat. At that time i switched to a black boogerman buzzbait and things exploded from 700 till 830 5 pike in the boat and 1 for Larry who got his on a spinner. I missed 5 other fish including 1 nice smallie pig. Allfish caught in 3-5 feet near piers. Went deeper at 830till930 but severe alagae bloom i believe was going on. Lost 1 on a spinnerbait with the high sun out there and hitting 80 degres decided time tohit local lake. Biggest fish went 29 with 2 otheres a bit smaller . Water a unbelievable 69 , best pike fishing for me in fall usually 62-66 . Topwater bite will be good as long as water stays warm. Matt theres some pike calling your name :D WILL POST A COUPLE PICS LATER

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Its funny how your caught up in the fishing so much that you dont realize till the next day how much fun the day beore was. To get a hit about every 15 minutes by a nice sized pike is such a blast and why i will just go upt there for the early morn fishing. Thanks for nice words guys. Hope some of you guys get a chance to get out there some day, it really is the best pike lake that i know of. I use very simple methods on Delavan if i can catch them anyone can.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.