Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With last night's festivities going into the wee hours of the night, we got on the water a little later then we would of liked. We were still able to cash in a bit on the early morning bass bite.

Double Snakes

At this point Yami was having one of those mornings that we all have from time to time. One guy was catching all the fish :p No ryhme or reason to it, but for some reason he was not getting bit. We decided to switch up locations and try somewhere new.

Viola

The girth on this fish was amazing. A simply awesome battle on 4lb. test.

Our numbers were about the same as yesterday but the quality of some of the fish and the good weather made it a much nicer day.

Of course, every night is ended in the Lake Lawn Lounge ;)

·
Registered
258 Posts
Day two was a rough start for me. I just couldn't get in a good rhythm but the fishing gods final looked my way and I ended up pulling it together. I miss our seats at the lodge and food had never tasted so good after putting 15 1/2 hours on the lake. Boy the walk back to the room hurt that night. Every muscle in my body hurt even my eye lids were in pain!

·
Super Moderator
6,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys. On day 3, Yami made a call to change baits right before we left and he absolutely put a hurting on the big fish. When your tossing back 3-4 pound fish w/o pics anxious to get back on the 5-6 lbers, that is saying something :shock: Of course I had the same bait, only a bit heavier and he was able to outfish me at about a 3 to 1 clip the last hour :p I'll show you the damage of that tomorrow :wink:

·
Super Moderator
6,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Jaybomber354 said:
another great day wow truely a great job........what were u guys catching those pikes one?
Anything with a hot color seemed to work for the pike. Spinnerbaits, swimbaits, body baits, ect. The big one for the day even went for a jig and 4'' BPS chartruse twister tail. It did not seem to matter as long as it was gaudy. They did not seem to interested in natural colors.

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Its amazing when you can catch a bass on a bionic bucktail, which i have never seen before Yammi. Matt what did you catch the smallie on in the open water? Only 363 more days till next years opener :D Nice pics again .

·
Super Moderator
6,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
coyote said:
Its amazing when you can catch a bass on a bionic bucktail, which i have never seen before Yammi. Matt what did you catch the smallie on in the open water? Only 363 more days till next years opener :D Nice pics again .
Thanks again guys, it sure was a fun trip.

Mike, the smallie bit on a 3/8 ounce spinnerbait and came off a large sand patch on the main lake.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.