Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I am not the hardcore ice crew you guys are (hats off to Bossman....). I am more of softwater guy.

Anyway, the 7yo says he wants to go icefishing. No problem, lets get the gear. Me and boy fished delavan by the mother in laws house in assembly. Nice ice, great green weeds, 10 FOW..... Jeez, at least one gill. No Dice. I havent seen water that clear in a long time. I was almost afraid to let #1 son, use the pee hole (we gotta clam pro guide. 4 holes, 2 to fish, 1 vex, and 1 pee hole...dont ask long story).

A few of the peeps were working the grey condos. Across the lake. Make a call, and not much happening there. No weeds in the flats..

Seen my buddy rob "shack sailing"... I know why I got rid of that shack.

Expected more (that spots usually produces in years past)..

·
Registered
308 Posts
I had the same experience on Delavan. Extremely slow up there. The water was more clear than Geneva! I could see everything over 20' down. We caught one pike all weekend up there. We stayed at Lake Lawn. I think with any sun the fish are much deeper than we thought. Even with 12" of snow on top. The ice was too thin to look around when we were up there. I'm thinking about going back up there and staying at Lake Lawn next weekend. Was the ice thick? My buddy is lending me his ATV to go there. I just want to make sure I don't go in.

P.S. Bass fishermen don't fish walleye circuits because we know where the money's at. We don't get those cricket noises at our weigh-ins. We like fishing in the jungle with 80lb test rope. We like our bass boats that do 80 mph past the walleye boats. Bass are everywhere. Walleyes aren't. You don't look as cool when you're not holding a fish by the lower lip. Walleye boats take forever to put on a trailer. Bass boats look sexy as hell. Bass fishermen get more chicks. Scientifically proven that serious walleye fishermen tend to be homosexuals. Walleye fishermen that are straight tend to marry the morbidly obese. Bass fishermen don't cheat during tournaments with live bait. And finally, I've never heard of a multi-million dollar facility called Walleye Pro Shops.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Delavan Sure is a tough Lake.. although I have had great days out there in the past on gills. perch, crappies and Pike. Too bad the past couple years I as well as many have been struggling on this Lake. You will get back onto some fish soon Mark. Good Luck in the Future.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
LOL Man, that is rich. Smokin response. Gotta give you credit there. I stick to the pan fried in butter type....more my style.. :lol:

Thats it, I am selling my cranks... :D
450 #5 and #7 shad raps, 1/2 are balsa, plenty of custom colors, gently used......
or trade for a dozen scum frogs in leopard.

I get the business all the time. And the most common is from the 7yo.
"You a walleye fishmerman like your dad?"
"nope"
"I fish for anything.."
Atta boy...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Love the passion.

Walleye anglers can actually read a sonar and know how to use all the settings. They have classes on the subject.

Bass anglers think a kicker is a good fish.

Bass anglers think 'boards' are for making porch floors

Bass anglers have no idea what a windshield is for, especially a walk through.

Because of that, when it's cold outside, a rare occurence for bass events, they wear a motorcycle helmet. They think that looks cool.

Bass fishermen have boats that go real fast...straight into a wave dead center if on Lake Erie on a rough day.

Bass anglers think 'rough day' means a 3' walleye chop.

Bass anglers almost never have a fish fry during practice, for obvious reasons

Some Bass anglers have cool names that are not usually used to name boys at birth.
Other Bass anglers wish they did.

Bass fishermen think 'worms' are made of plastisol, and would never snort one.

Crawlering, to a bass angler, is something done with heavy equipment

Bass fshermen call weeds 'grass'

Walleye fishermen know what grass is, and hope someone cut it while they were prefishing and competing.

Walleye anglers understand bass anglers think everyone in all the other fishing sports are 'gay'
Some of the more established walleye guys think that means 'happy'

·
Registered
308 Posts
M_komo said:
Love the passion.

Walleye anglers can actually read a sonar and know how to use all the settings. They have classes on the subject.

Bass anglers think a kicker is a good fish.

Bass anglers think 'boards' are for making porch floors

Bass anglers have no idea what a windshield is for, especially a walk through.

Because of that, when it's cold outside, a rare occurence for bass events, they wear a motorcycle helmet. They think that looks cool.

Bass fishermen have boats that go real fast...straight into a wave dead center if on Lake Erie on a rough day.

Bass anglers think 'rough day' means a 3' walleye chop.

Bass anglers almost never have a fish fry during practice, for obvious reasons

Some Bass anglers have cool names that are not usually used to name boys at birth.
Other Bass anglers wish they did.

Bass fishermen think 'worms' are made of plastisol, and would never snort one.

Crawlering, to a bass angler, is something done with heavy equipment

Bass fshermen call weeds 'grass'

Walleye fishermen know what grass is, and hope someone cut it while they were prefishing and competing.

Walleye anglers understand bass anglers think everyone in all the other fishing sports are 'gay'
Some of the more established walleye guys think that means 'happy'
LOL :lol: Buhahahaha. LMAO. Touche' my friend.
One thing I know is I take my Stratos out on Lake Erie with 5 ft rollers all the time. I love driving in between them. I'll do anything for those little brown fish.

Good times man. Good times.

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Good times indeed.

I saw a bass boat out in the middle of a lake once....he was lost. :D

Whack em and stack em in the new year...

·
Registered
308 Posts
Mister it's a 8' flippin stick! I go deeper than most Bass fishermen.

I need that broomstick to drag Big Hogs out of the slop.

I can't do it with a Sissy Fairy Wand that the PWT Manhole lover boys use.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.