Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

· Registered
2,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I would ask any of you fisherman here if you have ever used the BuzzJet standard or Jr.? My buddy keeps swearing on it, but I have only seen him pull a couple big bass out with it. I want to know if its worth purchasing a few, they are quit expensive and thats why im asking before hand... I have heard some good info on the buzzjet, but only from 2 other people. I just thought I would get some more information before I spend the money. Thanks guys...

Dave

· Registered
2,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Paul S said:
You got a link or something for them? I've heard about a different type of buzzbait that been working really well- mybe it is it.
Paul, sure I do... But there is also a Tackle Store near by that stocks them for I think like 25 Bucks a Pop.

Heres the Link... http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/descpageDEPBAIT-DBJ.html

Dave

" :( I should be hunting right now! "

· Registered
826 Posts
Dave,
That's not what I was thinking of.

I think I'd need someone to whoop up on me pretty good out of the same boat before I plunked down $30 for one of those. Or one helluva recomendation from someone I really trusted.

BTW, I bought a couple Sammies from Cabela's a couple weeks ago. $7.50 each. Good fishing.

· Registered
308 Posts
I use them in early summer a lot. I like the Brian's Bee prop 2 the best. About the same price as the Deps. the Brian's Bee gets more bites. I've got most of the bream colors and a black with a yellow dot on it. Limited production. I go between the prop bait and the Lucky Craft gunfish to get them going on top water. I had a great topwater year in 2008. Frog bite was way off. The weeds were so different this year. When it's windy I like the prop baits much more than the popping baits. When it's calm and I'm looking for a lunker I either use a zara super spook or a Megabass Pop Max. Hope this helps.

· Registered
2,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks Lee, that kinda what I was lookin for. I am going to have to check out the Brians Bee and see what its about. Johny at Lees Bait and Tackle should have them as they have Deps and many others. Is the brians bee a walking the dog style action too?

Dave

· Registered
308 Posts
You can walk it a little. Remember with prop baits you want to control a little dive when you jerk it. Is it half the body that stays in the water or is it 3/4 or all the way under like a devil's horse. My best line for it if it's strictly topwater is the Lucky Craft Iron Athlete Sammy hollow line. I'll go with a 14 lb fluorocarbon if I want it to sink a little more. Have the fish tell you what to do. Deps does really well for Japanese topwaters only. The other stuff they sell is kind of junk. Their frog is awesome. Deps Basirisky kicks ass. Brian's Bee can only be bought online. I'll show you the hook combinations I like with the Brian's Bee when you order it.

· Registered
2,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Big Bass Lee said:
You can walk it a little. Remember with prop baits you want to control a little dive when you jerk it. Is it half the body that stays in the water or is it 3/4 or all the way under like a devil's horse. My best line for it if it's strictly topwater is the Lucky Craft Iron Athlete Sammy hollow line. I'll go with a 14 lb fluorocarbon if I want it to sink a little more. Have the fish tell you what to do. Deps does really well for Japanese topwaters only. The other stuff they sell is kind of junk. Their frog is awesome. Deps Basirisky kicks ass. Brian's Bee can only be bought online. I'll show you the hook combinations I like with the Brian's Bee when you order it.
Thanks Lee, I found a sight to the Brians Bee. BTW, I have 2 of the Deps frogs top-waters that have 2 arched legs in back of it. They were 15 bucks a pop and they work awesome man! I like how the frog zig zags in the water unlike any other frog imitation top-water. I only caught fish on the Basirisky out of ponds in the area by me, But caught some decent bass, I never really tried it on a big body of water yet. But they work in stained water! :p

Dave

· Registered
2,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
fishkid said:
dude that deps basirisky is sweeeet! i finally got one this year and the action on that thing is worth the 15 bucks! im thinking about the deps buzzjet, i think the junior is just too light. :roll:
Yea, Johny at Lees Bait and Tackle has the Deps Basirisky and has the BuzzJet in Standard and Jr. The Junior actually is heavier than you think, you can baitcast it pretty well with 14 lb flouro. Thats what my buddy has been doing. I just needed some more info on the Lure before I purchase a few. I'm making an order today! :D

Dave

· Registered
2,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Culprit said:
That buzzjet says its slightly over an ounce, I hope u can cast it with 14lb test on baitcast equip lol
LOL Easily!!! I threw a few casts with my buddies and you can launch it!!! :D

I ordered 2 Buzzjet Jrs today and 4 Yo-Zuri's :lol: I am gonna look into the Brians Bee before making a purchase, damn credit cards always kick ya in the ass when ya get the monthly bill... :x

· Registered
332 Posts
14 lb test? Only if you want to LOSE IT!! LOL! 17lb MINIMUM (if you h-a-v-e to...), that is unless you want to see how far it sails when the line pops on an 'overcast' - I'd be using 20lb (P-Line CXX moss green) at the least.( p.s. use a MONO, not a Fluorocarbon for topwater, it floats, not sinks like fluoro!) and if you hook up with a true BRUTE of a bass (never mind a big psycho :shock: catfish-and they WILL/DO hit topwaters, or a toothy mangler) you WILL NEED ALL that pound test to: (and with CONFIDENCE) A: Hook it without breaking the line B: Fight it without breaking the line C: Land it without breaking the line D: Not have your heart broken by said MEGA fish, the one you FINALLY hooked up with 273 casts later, and the GUILT :( of knowing that fish CAN'T throw a lure(say bye-bye to both) that big and that he will likely die with your $25 plus tax and shipping lure in his face....*E*: The fish that are 'hot'(aggro) enough to hit a big sucker like a BUZZJET(or Jr.) DON"T CARE about line size!!!! SOOOOOOOOoooooooo... :roll: What pound test are we spooling on our HEAVY (to BURY the hooks!) action 7+ foot BAITCASTER rod this fine day me broogies?????

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.