Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Well, I went fishing for pike with my buddy and I did manage to finally hook one fish. I was surprised that the river was still as high as it is. It is fishable, but still a little higher than it should be for best fishing results. Lures were just being taken with the current way too much, and the fish that I did manage to catch I really had to feed a livebait to it. It was lazily eating my roach and I had to let him play with for a while before I set the hook. Anyway, it was about a 25 incher, and better than nothing. It was fun. Anyways, if we can all make it just another week or two, the fishing should be great!!
pikeapril809.JPG

Good luck out there to everyone, it's startin to pick up.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
better than what I did today. I got out for 2 hours at a place nearby me, worked the pond 2 times around without a bump! :x

Nice job stickin that fish!

·
Registered
513 Posts
Shall I call you Colonel Mustard or George Armstrong Custer, captain stache? :wink:

Nice catch out there Mike!

·
Registered
513 Posts
piker84 said:
hahahaha, yeah I'm rockin' a big mustache these days!
That's awesome. Can never go wrong with a sick stache.

We'll have to hit up the river sometime this year for a few Pike together.

·
Administrator
5,364 Posts
Well done! Yeah, its amazing how saturated the whole Des Plaines River corridor is. Those water levels are still silly high.

·
Registered
513 Posts
George W said:
Don't bash the stashe :mrgreen:

- Geo

:mrgreen:
In no way was I bashing the stache. Don't worry Mike and I go way back.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.