Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Administrator
5,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mostly sunny; temps in the mid 60's; mild SW winds; fished from 5:10pm-6:15pm.

I HATE the shorter days, especially now that I work till 5pm at the new job. But today I got to work back at Regency (old job) for the afternoon so was able to head out right after work.

Hit some areas in Park Ridge and not much was happening. Worked a spot that has produced previously but nothing. Then I decided to cast well past the spot and see if anything was beyond. I had a follow, hit, and miss, but watched the fish set up shop right under some brush. Had this fish take very light hits on about 10 more casts - she was teasing the hell out of me! Finally tied on a homemade jig and she could not resist. Watched her come out from hiding, gently inhale the bait, and I set the hook.

One of my larger pike from the DPR in some time.

·
Administrator
5,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've not run into any walleye in the north part of the DPR. I don't think they are up here. Actually, the only other species i've caught from Rosemont - Gurnee are carp, crappie, and rock bass.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.