Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
5,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished from 2:30pm-4:30pm; temps in the upper 30's; overcast; strong west winds; light flurries. Fished near Willow Road.

The weather looked bad but we were fairly well protected down along the river bank. Not much action at all where we started. Went exploring a bit and found another outfall/discharge area. If there wasn't a fish here something had to be wrong with the ecosystem. Got in position and cast a little cleo just beyond the spot and brought it back through. Finally I notice a swirl behind the lure. Another cast but nothing. So I really slowed things down and worked it gently back through the slack water. He darted up but missed. After 2 more casts I had 'em. Nothing huge, but a solid 22" pike. Don't know what was wrong with my camera, but it was not working at all. By the time I dug my phone out I had to get the fish back into the water so no darned picture. But a very fun catch nonetheless.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Great Catch on the pike Jay. :D ToothDoc took the words right out of my mouth, You are a champ out there man! 8)

BTW-Sorry to hear about your Camera

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
JasonN said:
Finally I notice a swirl behind the lure. Another cast but nothing. So I really slowed things down and worked it gently back through the slack water. He darted up but missed. After 2 more casts I had 'em.
Best part of the game...it's why we fish...to play the game...Well done Jay :wink:

·
Registered
400 Posts
BassCaster said:
Best part of the game...it's why we fish...to play the game...Well done Jay :wink:
Well stated BassCaster! LOL Nice job on the fishing Jay, at least you got some fish and some caches.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.