Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Administrator
5,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished from 1:30pm - 4:30pm in Lake County; temps in the upper 30's; strong south winds; mostly sunny.

Fished with cousin Rich and Alex. Alex got a nice 24" northern pike on his 3rd cast with a spinner bait. Shortly after I caught a small 14" pike with a jig. That would be the catches for the day.

Alex had another nice pike on but lost it. I probably had my best pike of the season on an hour later - had it half way in till she did a jump and head-shake and spit the damn hook. The "F" word could then be heard throughout northern Illinois! Got a good look at the fish and it was probably 24-28". Not a lunker, but a nice fish that I thought was in the bag. Argh!

Later Alex had a pike show interest in a crank bait, but that would be it.

It was cold out there and the pike were picky after 2pm. But they were there. Nice time nonetheless.

Alex's 24" northern pike on 3rd cast of the day

·
Administrator
5,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It was definitely cold, but tolerable - dressed well. The hands did get pretty cold after a while though!

The water levels were up from the past couple of weeks which had to have helped. But not as much as you'd think.

Still was nice to be getting out in late November for some quality fish.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.