Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
5,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished the DPR again at Independence Grove from 2:45pm - 5pm. Light winds; temps in the upper 40's; mostly sunny.

As much as I should use very foul language on my own site I will refrain from doing so. But.... FFF*************KKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hit the same area as yesterday, this time with braid line and some newly made jigs.

Within 10 minutes had a northern pike on. Got it to the shore and she did that damned last head shake and spit the hook. I know... I suck. Not a huge fish, probably 20-22".

The area i've been working is small so I then went exploring. Didn't find any really good spots so I headed back to the main spot. Hooked into a very nice fish. This one was a doozy! Saw it for a second and it was easily 28"+. But once again, she spit the hook.

So i'm 0-4 in landing caught northern pike the last 2 days. Perhaps i'll get over it... someday! Argh!

Certainly fun hooking into these fish though!

·
Registered
535 Posts
At least you got the fish on I went 0 for 7 on pike follows.. Didnt even feel a bump on the lure. I actually tried to hit him with the lure on my last follow during the end of a figuar 8 trying to piss him off into a bite.

Did you already try sharpening the hooks?

NPIKE

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.