Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
5,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished in Park Ridge; temps in the mid 80's; muggy; gusty south winds; mixed sun and clouds; fished from 7pm-8:45pm.

Slow for me at my honey hole stretch in Park Ridge. Time to do a little more exploring.

After throwing several baits I got a nice hit and the drag started peeling. But it didn't act like a pike. Sure enough, it was a carp - probably 6-8 lbs. Caught on a Diawa Shad Master.

Continued to work the same bait as I simply KNEW there were pike in this area. Well, there was a northern pike there - all of 13.5". But hey, at least I got on a couple of fish. :?

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
nice job out there Jason. I was planning on hitting the river in the Park Ridge area but got tied up with chores :roll:.

·
Registered
38 Posts
after hearing jasonn i have no been fishing the park ridge area. I too caught a carp that was 10 pounds but have had no luck with pike or any other fish

·
Registered
218 Posts
I've been getting Rock Bass in Park Ridge on the DPR. I was going for pike using a jointed Rapala. I kept getting hits by rock bass - never got those before. Do they spawn in the river? It was kind of like a spawn thing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.