Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Administrator
5,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes, I fished the DPR today. Record rains; water level at 8ft at time I fished; fished from 5:30pm-6:30pm; temps in the 70's; brief break in the rain.

Wanted to try and hit Beck or Oakton Pond but the roads were closed. So I drove around and found Lions Woods at Golf and River Road open. Then Went down to Dam #2 and was able to fish for a bit. Saw lots of small fish moving around the flooded preserve so I spent some time casting a spinnerbait. No takers. But it was pretty wild fishing in these conditions. Here's some pics...

Lions Woods. That ain't the river. That's Grove #1!

Preserve at Dam#2

Canoe launch at Dam#2. The end of those rocks should be over your head when levels are normal!

Dam #2 woods

Dam #2 woods. Looked like a great area for fish!

Euclid Bridge

Euclid Bridge

Euclid Bridge

Milwaukee and River Road

Dam #1 Woods in Wheeling - The Dam is non existant

Dam #1 Woods

And the river is expected to crest at 11.3 feet by tomorrow which would be an all time record. Wow.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I don't know why, but I bet you Oakton starts producing Northerns the next few days. When the DPR gets like this Oakton starts doing Northerns. I hope to get out there tomorrow, rains willing.

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
thx for the info Jay :shock:
I`m across the street from dam #2
I better get the boat ready :shock:

·
Registered
817 Posts
horn13 said:
I don't know why, but I bet you Oakton starts producing Northerns the next few days. When the DPR gets like this Oakton starts doing Northerns. I hope to get out there tomorrow, rains willing.
Has there ever been a report of someone catching pikes at Oakton after a flood?

·
Registered
331 Posts
Whoa Jay, that's some SERIOUS high wata!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.