Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
5,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished the DPR at two spots today - Rt 120 and at Independence Grove.

Started at 120. Water was about normal level but quite stained. Threw mostly spinners and a couple of other baits and zero action. Decided to see if the trail went to Independence Grove. After a 40 minute, 2.5 mile walk, I was IG. Fished the spot I did well at last week. But the exact spot did not exist as the water has receded so much. BUT, the spot I normally fish there was back. Had a small northern pike of about 5 inches hit a spinner but that would be it. Walked back to 120 and fished till sunset with nary a hit.

Could not believe how dead the action was. Oh well, at least I got some good exercise!

·
Premium Member
3,688 Posts
It has been slow.. I was at the river the other day and actually got SKUNKED!! So now I'm in a re-building process and pissed the 3333 off... Especially since My bro caught 3 in front of me.. so they were active. I Failed... And must now go on, an only ice Cream diet watching late night TV.

GRRRRRR....

the Bass and i have a Love hate relationship... Now i have to figure out how to Trigger these large mouth hoes...

:?: :idea:

·
Registered
414 Posts
Yea I went to the same spot I was on the other day where I was getting several hits of northern pike. The spot didnt exist no more either. SO I walked down from Irving to Higgins and fished couple spots there and there with a spinner and did not get anything. Oh well hope next time I do. I have just gotton started this year fishing the DPR and hope to catch first northern on it soon.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.