Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got out from 5-7pm.

Ran into JB so we chatted for a bit.

About 5 other guys wading and all were catching. Saugers, and Pike and Walleye here and there. Live bait was the thing to use it seemed.

Saw a few guys illegally fishing on private property so they were tresspassing. In the process they proceeded to catch and keep one of your beloved northerns. JB was there next to them observing so I have no idea if I'm right or not.

As for me, I found a nice and fast feeding window at about 615pm. Quickly caught 2 Walleyes at 18-19 inches apiece throwing big minnowbaits. I like when I catch nice fish but I don't like it when I have an audience!

Soon after, a few other anglers raided my little hole and proceeded to catch nothing. I started laughing.

I then left on a good note, quite proud, and enjoyed seeing them casting into nothing while I was working my way back towards the car.

2 Walleyes
1 Pike

Photo of one Walleye will be up soon.

And prior to the river, I hit up my one DPR tributary and quickly popped 6 or 7 Largemouth Bass - all being about 12 inchers.

All in all, a great afternoon was had after class!

·
Premium Member
3,688 Posts
since you had your camera you probably hit all those sexy fish with some flashes...

lets see them :D :D

Nice report Cant wait for those nice two 18-19" Walleyes, That sexy northern.... And Of coarse.. 6 bassies all being around 12"

that's Crazy how your always out fishing everyone.. Let me know when your attending one of the wcf tourneys ,so i can stay home and not lose my money :-]

George

:D

·
Banned
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah... About all that, who knows.

Not the greatest photo, looks smaller than what I claimed it to be, but good enough for a one-man job.

Knock yourself out if you wanna see 30-something fish from the past 2 weeks of the same size and/or no bigger ....... Don't let the hormones get to the best of you either..... :lol:

John, nice running into you. You plan on being out there at some point this weekend? I'll be there with a different friend both Saturday and Sunday late-PM.

Also, when do minnows seem to take over in full-force at the place? I remember going fishless from there all of last November but that was just when I started fishing here!

·
Registered
3,777 Posts
Nice seeing ya out there Andrew, glad to see that you had some success down there as well. Although most caught fish I have to admit I caught the skunk again. Anyway...it was kind of comical seeing that many people down on that area at once, talk about pressure.

That pike you saw actually made it back to the water to my surprise. I was surprised to see it caught since it was already completely dark. Usually from my experience down there the pike stop biting once the light is gone from the sky.

As far as the minnow question....I've seen and caught fish into mid November on artificials. On the other hand you are witness to the effectiveness with minnows now and going forward.

Depending on the forecast..maybe I'll see ya out there. Save me a seat.

·
Banned
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Went back to both the river and a trib again this afternoon. Took my friend with in the process as well.

20 inch pike and dinker Largemouth from creek and nothing from the river.

Last night's rain messed things up a bit but creek was in much better condition than river. Give it some time and things will get better again - hopefully tomorrow.

·
Banned
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Fished with a friend all day today at both DPR and a trib. We froze our butts off but we had fun at the same time.

Catch of the day went to this fish:

Then followed by a few dinker Bass by both of us.

We had a hard time dealing with the wind, high water, and floating leaves but compared to some others who were out there, we did pretty well! :D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.