Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Got there at 5:45 am , line was insane about 1,5 mile long ....finally launched our boat at 8:30 ......fishing was good ,among three guys .......caught about .50 stripers ....kept 18.....caught 10 catfish ....most blue ...kept 6. Go back on Sunday. :D

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
A couple of my buddies took a boat out there on Sunday. They arrived at 10pm and were 18th in line. They got on the water around 7:00am and fished until 4pm. They ended up with a bunch of small cats and small stripers all under 3 lbs. A bunch of 10-12 inch largemouth. 1 largemouth about 15 inches and 1 smallie that was a pig at 20 inches roughly close to 4lbs.

The smallie came on a Tube texas rigged and most of the largemouth came on jerkbaits. 6-8 FOW range.

The cats and small stripers all came on chicken liver while drifting and dragging them with the trolling motor while pounding the shoreline for some bass.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Nothing really big ....1 18'' striper and the rest between 12'' to 16'' we trolled for about one hour caught about 10 fish used three different crank baits ......only one caught all 10 fish ....the 3.5'' Sebile Magic Swimmer Natural Shiner.Then we anchored near one of deep holes caught another 35-40 stripers using medium and large fat-heads , and for catfish we used cut bait , beef and chicken liver.Good luck. :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
got there about 800 pm we were 14th in line. my buds got there at 300 pm and were 5 th and 6th .we were on the water by 600 .i got about 10 buckets all about 1 1/2 -2 1/2 lbs. , 3 smallies all around 2lbs. ,over 25 cats any where from a 1/2 to 4 lbs. and only one striper @ 2 3/4 lbs. not to bad 1 st time on the lake .

·
Registered
39 Posts
Ya man I was up there today fished from 830 to about a little after noon. Had a very productive day. I had somewhere near forty fish today, and some of those stripers were quite nice. My brother Jay Bomber was with me as well, he too had a very good day. Lots of little blue catfish feeding this morning. We released all the fish we caught today, but plan on going back probably Sunday to get some for dinner. If u haven't been up to Lasalle yet u gotta go.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.