Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dint have time to take boat out, so decided to go to Geneva and fish off piers. As i was bringing in a gill a pike smashed the gill from nowhere. He let go and swam away looked to be over 30 inches . After 10 minutes or so i was bringing in another gill and a smaller pike grabbed onto this gill and woud not let go. First time i evere actually caught one in 7-8 times that it has happened. Between 615 and 815 caught 15 quality sunfish with that beauitful yellow body, 2 smallies and of corse perch and rockies. Fishing really slowed at 745 just when i thought it would be on fire. Still agreat way to spend a beauitiful summer night. All fish caught on crawlers and a minimite.[
][/
][
][/img][
][/img]

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Thanks for the report coyote.

I have caught two pike before that I never hooked. Both times the pike just latched on to the walleye that I was reeling in! I had someone with a net to help me though. I don't think that I would have been able to get the pike in if I didn't have the help.

·
Super Moderator
6,230 Posts
coyote said:
Locals have a bounty on that fish Matt.But dont think he will be caught by them hes sorta partial to us :D
I sure hope so that girl dies eventually of old age, not harvest. If she makes it another year she may be 18'' next Spring. Hopefully we can c&R her a few more times this year and she will stop biting for awhile :D

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had that happen with a Muskie a couple of years ago. I was throwing a big spinner bait and had a little rock bass not much bigger than the lure hit it. I was laughing at that little fish when a muskie just under 40" nailed it and wouldn't let go. Never got a hook in her, but did get her boatside. She finally let go after I popped her on the top of the head with my finger. I don't know who was more startled, her from having me touch her unexpectedly, or me from having that beauty splash and take off so suddenly!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.