Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been stopped a few times on the chain and have not had any problems. One time I left my license at home by mistake and they took the time to call in to their office to verify i had a license so I think they do a good job with limited resources

·
Premium Member
3,688 Posts
i've never had any DNR complaints... And i hope this doesn't get off topic. whenever i'm smallie fishing the lake front the City Cops with there fancy Bicycles Always come and harass me!! And are as rude as shi.... And seems like they try to get you to react in a certain way so they can take you in. i mean it really seems Because of there attitude and how they treat people is why they get alot of ""Confrontations"" Example one is Earlier this summer at belmont...

they rode up behind me while i had back turned walking away, they said hey come here, i asked whats the problem Officer? The short one said whats your name? i told him then the taller one started saying it into the radio.. then i looked towards the shorter one and said If i see anybody snagging any small mouth trying to bed Can i call you guys ? He said NO why the F**k do we give a shi.. About that ? ... i i stayed quiet.. then asked Would you like to see my fishing liscence And he said i don't give a shi.. about any fishing liscence... So i stayed quiet.. then the taller one started writing something on a piece of paper And i asked him politely.. May i ask what that piece of papers for officer.. he said The next time we come out and catch you we'll arrest you on site... ? And i asked for what? what did i do ? And he said We got a call that you were fishing near someones boat... So i showed him the sign directly in front of us.. it said no fishing 100ft. near anyone's boat and Said How far are we.. He said about 200ft away.. then they just said don't let us catch you out here again and drove away on there little try cycles...

George

:D

·
Administrator
5,361 Posts
I've only had a couple of experiences with the DNR on the Fox Chain. Both time I had everything in order so I was ok. Been checked a couple of times at Deep Lake too and ok - but others have had mixed results.

Suprisingly, earlier this year, while shore fishing the Des Plaines River in Gurnee in an off-the-beaten-path spot, the DNR stopped by. Again, I was ok. I was s bit surprised at his lack of knowledge for fishing in the area, perhaps a rookie, be he was cool nonetheless.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Was checked several times last year with no problems. Haven't been checked at all this year but have seen them out and about. If I had to rate the DNR, Coast Guard and Sheriff's boats on the chain for politeness and job approval, it would be in the order I listed. I've never been harassed by the Sheriff but have seen and heard some not so nice stories.

All in all, I have no complaints, they have to deal with a lot of idiots and disrespectful people. I would guess by the end of their shift everyday, their pretty fed up with ignorant excuses and smart remarks.

·
Registered
817 Posts
George W said:
i've never had any DNR complaints... And i hope this doesn't get off topic. whenever i'm smallie fishing the lake front the City Cops with there fancy Bicycles Always come and harass me!! And are as rude as shi.... And seems like they try to get you to react in a certain way so they can take you in. i mean it really seems Because of there attitude and how they treat people is why they get alot of ""Confrontations"" Example one is Earlier this summer at belmont...

they rode up behind me while i had back turned walking away, they said hey come here, i asked whats the problem Officer? The short one said whats your name? i told him then the taller one started saying it into the radio.. then i looked towards the shorter one and said If i see anybody snagging any small mouth trying to bed Can i call you guys ? He said NO why the F**k do we give a shi.. About that ? ... i i stayed quiet.. then asked Would you like to see my fishing liscence And he said i don't give a shi.. about any fishing liscence... So i stayed quiet.. then the taller one started writing something on a piece of paper And i asked him politely.. May i ask what that piece of papers for officer.. he said The next time we come out and catch you we'll arrest you on site... ? And i asked for what? what did i do ? And he said We got a call that you were fishing near someones boat... So i showed him the sign directly in front of us.. it said no fishing 100ft. near anyone's boat and Said How far are we.. He said about 200ft away.. then they just said don't let us catch you out here again and drove away on there little try cycles...

George
:D
They remind me of minimum wage making bicycle cops who used to stop me and my buddies for no reason when growing up in Skokie. They had authority to patrol bicycle riders and acted like they ruled the world. Some just go way overboard when given "authority".

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.