Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fair question. I'm just curious if people do; and if so, what's a fair amount. I usually just give him a 5 spot after he motors me down the hill and gets me setup with a boat.

·
Registered
953 Posts
I guess I am cheap. I usually give him $3 after he brings me back up the mountain.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
I rarely sign the sheet and pay for the boat up at the house. Instead I just throw him a $20 at the dock and let him decide what to do with it.

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
twoglasseyes said:
I have only heard him called "John" or "Uncle John" by everyone besides WCF guys.
His name is John

We called him Stosh b/c we did not know his name.....so he got nick named Stosh... :lol:

But it's John or Uncle John

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So no one knows for sure! Some people call him John, some call him Uncle, some call him Stosh. He is a man of little words and mystery!

I'm telling you..the very first time I went to deep I paid Jack in his little office and signed off on a boat. He said, "here's a ticket. Go give this to STOSH and he will get you setup with a boat."

Jack had no idea I was from WCF. Jack didn't say, "Give this ticket to your uncle" or "Give this to John." He said Stosh.

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
mplant1 said:
He is a man of little words and mystery!

He once drove up the hill backwards...Just to see what it felt like!!!!

He is...... "The Most Interesting Man in the World"....LOL

·
Registered
115 Posts
His Polish name is Janusz which in English is John
I usually tip him $3 in the am.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Anyone know what Stoch/Stosh means? Does it even have a meaning? Just wondering how that all came about.

·
Registered
115 Posts
'Stosh' is a nickname to Polish name Stanislaw (Stanley)
Usually Polish-American Stanley is called Stosh :roll:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.