Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
I was up at the tackle store on NW Highway last week buying gifts, and the guy there said that Twin is good early morning and at dusk. The water is really clear and the fish move deep as it brightens and warms up.

Last year I caught a lot of bass on Senkos and topwaters at dusk, but I haven't been there lately. The best spots were the southwest corner and around the docks.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I caught a low 30"s muskie last summer on a Senko while bass fishing. I'm far from an expert, but it looked like pure strain muskie and not a tiger. Last spring I saw a few muskies sunning themselves by the sandy areas of the lake. One was pushing 40".

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
This lake is funny... I ice fished it with 3 friends this past Feb. and it was the dead sea... We drilled like 30 holes... The only thing I saw on the camera all day was a school of shad in 24 feet of water on the northeast side of the lake... There was only one hole where I saw fish...

As far as geography goes, the side of the lake east and north of the island is entirely 22-25 feet deep... Each of the shorelines have pretty much the same slope to them and it is pretty steep... Didn't drill anything west of that... - BPM

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.