Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have any of you ever went fishing for Koi or released goldfish?

There is these giant (2' or so) koi off in BG's Parkchester Park, and I have been trying to get it. I have tried Leaves, Boilies, Bread, bread soaked in garlic, worms and cheese for them among others, but I have never gotten them to bite. maybe it's just because only the bass (10"-15") will bite there. But as a person of European/Hebraic/Argentinean descent I would like to catch a carp. I also heard they have crappies Mirror and king carp in there, but I have never saw one.

·
Registered
5,815 Posts
I caught 14 of them once from a tiny pond that sits between the Elgin O'Hare expressway and one of it's off ramps. I transferred them to the pond by my house and would see them alive and well at least three years later.

I tried bread, nightcrawlers and canned corn. They were very spooky fish. They'd come up to my worm, take a sniff, then zoom off like the worm had scared them. I believe corn was the ticket. Strong fish! Setting the hook, they'd take off like a rocket. A couple snapped my line doing that.

·
Registered
953 Posts
I didn't even know there was anything worth fishing for in that pond. I have driven past there a lot, but I never see anyone fishing.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ClancyWiggum said:
I didn't even know there was anything worth fishing for in that pond. I have driven past there a lot, but I never see anyone fishing.
Oh no no no no no no! That place has tons of smaller-medium sized bass. I had a great time and my brothers caught their first bass there. The thing is that it's easy for them to bite. But the only thing standing between that lake is Green Lake Park's Giant, but VERY spooky bass and occasional Catfish. I wonder if anybody ever went to that river at the buffalo creek forest preserve... I heard they have NICE pike there and they used to stock it with rainbow trout in the mid 60's. That place sure is mystical. Except for that damnass dam.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.