Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It slipped your mind, didn't it? Maybe the stalwarts that insist on going to physical vendor every year, could try buying online this year considering the circumstances. :idea:
Remember, the life you save might be my own.

·
Registered
469 Posts
I realized the stores were about to shut down and I needed to get it now. Then I got lazy and bought it online.

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
I usually take my Xmas gift cards and pick it up at BPS whilst I gorge on equipment I may or may not need. This year my gift cards collect dust whilst I reupped online.

·
Registered
5,727 Posts
Been buying mine on line for 3 - 4 years. My internal clock makes me do it the 2nd week of March.

But thanks for the reminder.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Lost mine a few years back and had to pay a couple of bucks for a renew, since then i've been getting it online and make about 5 copies that I stash in various places.

·
Registered
684 Posts
He ain't foolin'. Just got mine online. Way easier and faster than waiting for an attendant to help me at DSG or Walmart. Don't like the fact that it will be printed on regular paper, it is for sure going to get wet. I'll be on the lookout for a baseball card protector or something of the sort.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
mike son said:
He ain't foolin'. Just got mine online. Way easier and faster than waiting for an attendant to help me at DSG or Walmart. Don't like the fact that it will be printed on regular paper, it is for sure going to get wet. I'll be on the lookout for a baseball card protector or something of the sort.
Ziplock bag works perfect!

·
Registered
5,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ApostatePipe said:
New to IL. Can you not buy a fishing license and any time of the year?
You can, but the licenses all expire on 3/31 and it's time for a current one. If you already bought a 2020 license, you're good until 3/31/21.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Got a dicks sporting goods gift card for Christmas thinking I would buy some new line come spring but that obviously got thrown out the window. So i figured I would use it to buy my license. Lombard location was closed cause of covid19 so online purchase for the license it was for me.

·
Registered
462 Posts
mike son said:
Wal-Mart sells plastic holders on the sporting goods counter next to where they print them. Atleast I seen them at the Glen Ellyn location

·
Registered
5,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
jonny2can said:
Wal-Mart sells plastic holders on the sporting goods counter next to where they print them. Atleast I seen them at the Glen Ellyn location
Covid lives on plastic for 3 days. Stay home if your only purpose of entering a store is a plastic fishing license holder. The life you save may be my own.

https://www.foxnews.com/health/coronavi ... -to-3-days

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
I haven't purchased an IL fishing license in years. Always mean to, but then don't and my limited fishing in IL is on a private pond, so no license required. Otherwise, I end up doing most of my fishing North of the Cheddar curtain or the Great White North.

·
Registered
462 Posts
RonG said:
jonny2can said:
I'm sure you can survive a trip to Wal-Mart. Just use common sense. Don't lick the shopping carts or make out with those lovely cashiers! Haha

Covid lives on plastic for 3 days. Stay home if your only purpose of entering a store is a plastic fishing license holder. The life you save may be my own.

https://www.foxnews.com/health/coronavi ... -to-3-days

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
I got mine at Angler's International an hour before the "lockdown" started :lol: I just so happened to be in the area and figured why not.

Mike, I have the aforementioned trading card holders in bulk at home, though the stamp to mail them to you would cost more than whats in the envelope lol (they're literally referred to as "penny sleeves" for a reason)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts