Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I fished the waters off Washington Island for two days and had a great time. My dad and I caught quantity over quality which was kind of sad.

The first day we fished from the docks and I was able to land this 15" smallie. LOL I look like a psycho in the photo!

We took my boat out the second day and searched for a bite the whole morning. We finally found a huge school of smallies tucked away in the corner of a bay. I was able to see about 25 smallies in the water at one time! There were a few hogs but most of the guys were dinks. At one point I caught 6 fish in 6 casts. The big guys had lockjaw though and none were over 14".

During the evening hours of the second day we fished the slightly deeper entrance to the corner were we saw all the fish in the morning. The fish there were bigger but our biggest was still only 15.5".

All fish were caught on #6 hooks w/ crawlers or on dark green 3.5" gitzit tubes.

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
Good job Sean. I was up there this past week as well. I managed to catch bass all 9 days that I was there. Both smallies and LMB. The biggest smallie I caught was 20 inches, but unfortunately I didn't get a picture of it.

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
Thanks Sean. The reason that I didn't have a camera with me was because we were out at Chamber's Island and I walked into shore to get to the spot I fished, which meant that I had to walk through about 4 feet deep water. I was so upset not having a picture of that fish. :x

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
toothdoc said:
The reason that I didn't have a camera with me was because we were out at Chamber's Island and I walked into shore to get to the spot I fished, which meant that I had to walk through about 4 feet deep water.
Wow what an adventure! I'm about to leave for three more days on the Island. Hopefully I can catch a smallie or two while I'm up there.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Man, I would give up all the fish I caught this weekend to catch one 20" smallmouth. They are awesome fish. Congrats Tim and hopefully Sean can get into some too! :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.