Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I spent the holiday on Washington Island and had a lot of time to fish. I tried to target Browns the first day but had no luck. Luckly on Sat I found a bunch of yellow perch in and around a Jackson Harbor (located on the north east side of the island) and caught about twenty in three hours using crawlers.

Last Wednesday I fished Belleau for a few hours in the afternoon but didn't catch anyhting. However, it was still a beautiful day.

Fish on!
-Islander

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Thanks for the report Islandfisher. Washington Island is such a great place to fish. Where you fishing from shore, or were you in a boat? It sounds like it was definitely worth your while.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Where you fishing from shore or were you in a boat?
I was fishing from shore this time Doc. I spent the other time I had up there putting new seats in my 14' aluminum.

I've heard there are nice northern pike up that way. Is that so?
Yes Jason, there are quite a few northern up there. However I can never catch them when I try. In the past I have caught them while fishing for bass or perch using jigs and minows.

All in all it was a great time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.