Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whenever I get any vacation time I love going to Washington Island located in Door County WI. I'm headed up there this weekend for a three day trip and plan on doing a lot of fishing. Would browns still be in the harbors up there? Also does anyone know where I can get a recent fishing report for the Door County area?

-Islander

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
Wish I could help ya Islander but good luck up there. Must admit I'm a bit jealous as I have no plans for any fishing this holiday weekend. Post some pics if you get on some fish. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
I am from Door County and try to get up there as much as possible. I have a link to the door county fishing reports, but I need to find it. I think that it is getting pretty late for fishing up there, plus the fact that deer season is now on, nobody is probably even fishing. LOL! I'll try to post it later today. Good luck. I was thinking that it's probably too late for the smallies. That's too bad, because Detroit Harbor is an awesome place for them.

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
I just checked and the link isn't active, so it must be shut down for the winter. Not much fishing done up there now. My recommendation is to contact somebody on the island and ask them. Maybe Mann's Store?

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the suggestions. Hey Doc what part of Door County are you from? My mothers side of the family is from Washington Island and I spend a lot of time up there. On another website someone told me that browns, perch and northern might still be catchable at this time of year. I agree that Detroit Harbor is great place for smallies if the time is right. Last summer I caught a fat 18" SM there on a jig and a crawler (the biggest SM of mine to date!)

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
I grew up in Bailey's Harbor. My mother and 2 brothers still live there. The only place I've fished on the island is Detroit Harbor for smallies. You just need to remember that the season doesn't open until July 1st there. We were fishing there several years ago in the middle of June and there wasn't anyone else there which surprised me. After I checked the regulations I realized why.

Yes, browns and perch still might be doable. I don't really fish this time of year up there. In the first half of October the salmon were really thick in the harbors.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts